Skip to main content

Topic: MOT "Inspection" Experience PSA (Read 1783 times) previous topic - next topic

folivier and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
MOT "Inspection" Experience PSA
I truly hate it that my first post here has a less than positive tone; but, I feel it could be a meaningful tidbit for this community.   .........I recently identified a used Foretravel that fit my preset parameters of size, condition, cost,...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: MOT "Inspection" Experience PSA
Reply #1
Being personally on hand for an inspection is CRITICAL.  You want Keith or whoever you have inspect the coach be able to SHOW YOU what he is looking at.  Wear old clothes.

To be fair, an inspector needs to know a reasonable amount about YOU to be...

Reply #2
Wow,
I agree with Texas Shriner.
$700 dollars spent and that's what you got. I paid 600.00 for my inspection which took 6 hrs to complete and included 5 different fluid samples for analysis. A written report was included and lots of photos. I was...

Reply #3
Personally I would never buy a coach without an in person visit with Keith or Brett on hand. It's too big and too complicated of a purchase to not see it in person.

TS, I suggest you call MOT on the phone and express your dissatisfaction. I'm...

Reply #4
I have had the honor to experience an inspection by Brett Wolfe, it is beyond thorough, with plenty of explanations, clear communications, it takes time and yes, wear some old clothes, if you wish to fully experience everything that is being...

Reply #5
Not that it matters now.  This "inspection" was a way to "vet" the coach condition before reversing direction and traveling the 900+ miles for a first hand inspection.  The end result was the same I guess as it allowed me to "vet" MOT in the...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Classified section here seems to always have some nice coaches lately. Good luck in your search

Reply #7
TS, only because you are accepting it.

If you call the owner of MOT and expressed your dissatisfaction there is no doubt that they would fix it. MOT has built a successful business all based on providing excellent customer service.

Venting here...

Reply #8
TS, only because you are accepting it.

If you call the owner of MOT and expressed your dissatisfaction there is no doubt that they would fix it. MOT has built a successful business all...

Reply #9
I had a bad experience there several years ago.  Once I explained my frustration they promised it will never happen again...and it hasn't.   They have bent over backward to take care of us.  I believe they will do the same for you. 

Reply #10
TS, do you have the name of the guy that did the inspection?  Don"t post it here, but if it wasn't Keith you may been mislead.  It is possible that a different mechanic at MOT decide he could make a few after hour $$ by doing inspections, that he...

Reply #11
Keith is EXCELLENT in person.

I have no information on how his written/photographic skills are (either way-- as I am a strong believer in "let me look at the coach through YOUR eyes").

The few times I have been doing a coach inspection at MOT and...

Reply #12
TS;  I would contact Mr. Robertson on your dissatisfaction and he will make it right.  He certainly took care of us when we had a disagreement on things fixed, etc.  Keith charged me $500 and I was there with him over the whole coach.  However, I...

Reply #13
Thanks for the advice everyone.   I will get the contact info for Mr Robertson and engage.  Tomorrow; however, will likely involve getting out of Laura's way ;-). 

• Keith and Joyce
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
When I had my coach inspected by Keith several years ago it was a private arrangement between him and me.  Seems that MOT want's their cut now.  Consequently the price has risen a LOT.

Keith

Reply #15
Is Keith with MOT?

Reply #16
Is Keith with MOT?

Yes, he is the shop foreman.

Reply #17
Is Keith with MOT?

He is also highly recommended by many on this forum as someone to do a pre-purchase inspection on a Foretravel. 

Reply #18
He is also highly recommended by many on this forum as someone to do a pre-purchase inspection on a Foretravel. 

I agree.

Reply #19
Final update from me on this topic - I reached out to Motor Homes of Texas CEO on 1 September and have not received a reply.  So, I doubt I'll be dealing with MOT again.  My recommendation to all is tread carefully.  For full disclosure, I've...

Reply #20
Item #8.............isn't that for water runoff in the rain?

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Take away number 8 and it cost you $100 an item,seems kind of pitiful to me.

Reply #22
Could it be that these are the only issues found that need addressing? All other components checked good.

Reply #23
If you haven't done so already I'd give Jason Haskins a call.  He is general manager now and should be able to help you.

Reply #24
I have to agree that I think $700.00 for a report like that is very poor.  I would expect a full report  such as AC's , Outside temp 92, AC 1 putting out x and AC  2  putting out Y.   I can not believe you did not get any up close pictures of the...