Skip to main content

Topic: What do you think of these 2 used motorhomes for sale? (Read 1000 times) previous topic - next topic

What do you think of these 2 used motorhomes for sale?
I am brand new to this forum and soon-to-be a first time motorhome owner. Research and friends have steered me to the following 2 used motorhomes. Knowing collectively there is tons of experience represented here, I would love any and all input.

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• kb0zke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: What do you think of these 2 used motorhomes for sale?
Reply #1
Welcome to the forum, John. Bob will probably chime in with lots more information than I can give you, but I'll start.

The Foretravel has a factory that is still producing coaches. The Beaver is an orphan. It seems that half of Nacogdoches, TX is...

Reply #2
I would say a seller market.  I read in a Motorcade update that MOT has sold more MH this year so far then all of last year

Reply #3
Beautiful cabinets on the Marquis.  Last c12 I drove was fairly slow up grades.  Coach is heavy.

4:33 rear gears.  Vs 3.91 on the Foretravel. Coach probably weighs that much more.

Aluminum side wall framing versus steel on the Foretravel. 

As...

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Welcome to the forum! Being biased I would say choose the Foretravel BUT that price is awful low so I would suggest to be sure to have it inspected by someone that knows Foretravels . It's been on there a month and at that price if there was...

Reply #5
Glass dash and tons of storage.  Isn't that a 4220 instead of 4210?    It appears not to have a second lavatory in the toilet room like ours does.  It's handy but not necessary and gives more storage.

Beautiful coach if it has been maintained.  I...

Reply #6
The Beaver is a beautiful coach, but much larger than I like.  What initially drew me to the Foretravel was the rear engine access.  You really need to look at how you would get to the engine on the Beaver.  Most brands have a huge radiator in...

Reply #7
The NADA prices are not a good reflection of what you will pay for a good Foretravel, any vehicle with low annual sales will have a distorted figure.
The actual price buyers are paying for a coach are based on the "underground" economy, the...

Reply #8
  However, I wonder how much stress does nearly 100,000 more miles put on a coach's systems?  And how reflective should that be in the price? The U 320's owner has convinced me he has done...

Reply #9
Why the Foretravel has not sold in 36 days on RV trader is bothering me. Is it the mileage or the length? If is were a 40' I would trade up from my coach for that price. It was built after the slide issues were solved and has the 500 hp.

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
I know it's 42' but if it is like my friends the back 4' is closet so actual living space is like a 38'

Keith

Reply #11
I know it's 42' but if it is like my friends the back 4' is closet so actual living space is like a 38'

Keith
I was thinking of the length limitations of the .Gov campgrounds, very few over 40'...

Reply #12
I would like to thank each and everyone of you for responding. I appreciate all the input and hope to continue to hear from others. You have brought things to my attention that I never thought of; like: finerprints on the glossy woodwork of the...

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Welcome to the forum. When you get the new coach be sure to fill out your signature so everybody will know what you got. Also join the motorcade club, small fee that gives you discounts on parts and service at Foretravel and access to some good...

Reply #14
I was thinking of the length limitations of the .Gov campgrounds, very few over 40' spaces in the ones we camp at.
Some younger motorcycle friends of mine recently purchased a Thor Ventura for...

Reply #15
Rear EW bedroom, lots of interior space, tag axle.  It looks nice, worth a closer look especially for the price.  2004 was a transition year for Foretravel, money troubles, lots of folks left, production down.  A few have had quality control...

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
If it is a 2004 42' single slide it was probably a custom order, probably like the 2003 4210.  (I see it has 2 slides) Rear bedroom, lots of interior space, tag axle.  It looks...

Reply #17
Did you end up purchasing the Foretravel John?

Reply #18
I did buy the 2004 Foretravel 4220! I pick it up this Friday, Sept 18. I'm sure I will have a LOT of questions I will be asking others about in the days ahead. My wife and I are SO excited and looking forward to full-timing in this beautiful...

Reply #19
We have had four previous Foretravels.    Our 2003 4220 has everything we would ever want in a coach.   I even like it enough to overlook the green sofa.

Reply #20
I did buy the 2004 Foretravel 4220! I pick it up this Friday, Sept 18. I'm sure I will have a LOT of questions I will be asking others about in the days ahead. My wife and I are SO...