Skip to main content

Topic: The mattress question (Read 654 times) previous topic - next topic

The mattress question
I've read on here before about mattress's but didn't pay much attention because I didn't have a mattress problem. After letting my grand daughter jump on the bed I now have a problem, I can't say no to her. I really didn't give it much thought...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: The mattress question
Reply #1
I went to memory foam and am happy with it.

Reply #2
Same. Memory foam medium. Mattress in a box.
Put two more on the house.
Tossed the waterbed. 
  • Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 11:39:05 pm by Protech Racing

Reply #3
My gifted to me Sleep Number bed has two chambers and they had a label on them, either "second" or "refurbished".  My guess is they were replacement parts.

I have learned and try to always remember to deflate before traveling up the hills.  From...

Reply #4
I decided to do my own solution. Even though the 20 year old mattress on the coach was relatively comfortable still I wanted something different. So I bought a queen-size ticking from a company in Minnesota, natural bedding. I also bought 3 in...

Reply #5
I too went with the memory foam type mattress and I did experience the dreaded night sweats as some had warned about with memory foam mattresses. However, after many trial mattress pads that basically failed and we're just hot and uncomfortable.

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I have one with foam, memory foam and a very soft foam.

Reply #7
Thanks for all the replies and ideas, I guess the question I have is if you've ever had a air adjustable bed and switched to a reg mattress or memory foam or any combination what was it that made you switch was cost? Comfort-ability? Longevity? I...

• Pyolet
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
This is in my coach now and is the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on summer and winter.  Foam smell does however take a week or so to subside.

It also makes it easier to sit on the bed for me...I'm 5'9" and the original mattress was a...

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #9
We have had the Sleep Number in our previous RV and home for over 25 years.  We love them. When we got our FT, one of the first things we did was take out the old standard mattress and put in the Sleep Number.
A couple of advantages of the Sleep...

Reply #10
We have had the Sleep Number in our previous RV and home for over 25 years.  We love them. When we got our FT, one of the first things we did was take out the old standard mattress and put in...

Reply #11
Memory foam for us.  We got it at Costco in a box, lots out there now.  Very comfortable for us.  We have a Tempurpedic at home that was 4-5x the price and we like the coach mattress better. 

Reply #12
After we put the memory foam in the coach, we liked it so much we gave up our waterbed in the house we've had for the last 30 years and put a memory foam in the frame.

Reply #13
We paid $209 for this mattress in our daughters room. It is very comfortable and no heat sweats when we have fallen asleep in bed with her.  We use her room as a guest room when we have large families stay over. The guest all think it is a high...

Reply #14
To answer your question , have you ever had an air mattress and switched back : YES.
It was positively the worst mattress we have ever had in our RV. It got to the point that we slept with the remotes in our hands making the uncomfortable...

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
Roger, the PO put in a brand new Tempurpedic in our coach before we bought it. We LOVE it. What is the brand name you got from Costco?
ANOTHER QUESTION:  Do the foam mattresses freeze up when in storage during the winter, in an unheated setting?...

Reply #16
Hi Guys,

We have used a Tempurpedic mattress in a previous coach. It does get quite hard at colder temperatures though it doesn't seem to have any residual negative effects at all. Warm up the bedroom and all is good again.
Jim

2002 U320 42'

Reply #17
Glenn, it is a NovaFoam mattress.  It was about $699 on sale for $499.  They have Casper mattresses too which get good reviews. 

When the coach is in the barn in the Dec it gets pretty hard.  We have an electric blanket for the one winter day a...

Reply #18
This just showed up, some opinions to consider.
The Best Memory Foam Mattresses Of 2020

Reply #19
Our PO put in a new pillow top a few months before they decided to sell it. It would not fit their new Tiffin so they left it in. It's a little tall so takes getting used to getting into bed but comfortable. Heavy lifting the platform to get at...

Reply #20
We found that there are a lot of "10 best mattresses"  articles around and went to our old standby: Consumer Reports.  Kristi was biased against memory foam from past experience, since they were hot, so was reluctant to try them.   We decided on...

Reply #21
Our PO put in a new pillow top a few months before they decided to sell it. It would not fit their new Tiffin so they left it in. It's a little tall so takes getting used to...

Reply #22
We found that there are a lot of "10 best mattresses"  articles around and went to our old standby: Consumer Reports.  Kristi was biased against memory foam from past experience,...

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one sleeping on a waterbed!!  Have been for about 45 years, the Young guys at work give me a hard time about it

Reply #24
I used these for my bed, and they work perfect, since 2017.
A PAIR(2) 26.3 in Gas Strut Shock Spring prop rod lift 300 lb | eBay
My back hurts each time I lift it. Thanks for the tip!

Pierce