Skip to main content
Topic: New Member just trying to learn the procedure to ask a technical question (Read 534 times) previous topic - next topic

New Member just trying to learn the procedure to ask a technical question

I just bought a 2003 U 320 which I needed as badly as a fourth leg and I am very pleased I did it.

The new acquisition  will probably spend the majority of its life as a grandparents apartment on their farm, but I am determined to make one more grand tour through the US.

In 1969 I had just received my engineering degrees from the Technical University in Hannover, Germany and spent the whole summer touring the US wit some German friends . Our 1960 Rambler Ambassador caught fire in Colorado, and because we had a plane in NY to catch we bought a junky Chevy without a car radio. On around August 10 we passed upstate NY and marveled about all the VW hippie busses we passed, this was the Woodstock weekend and we did not know it.

In 1980 Mobil Oil Germany transferred me to their world wide engineering headquarter to Dallas Texas, and so I ended up being an American, living and working in Africa, Asia and the US. 

We live on acreage in eastern Washington State, and over the years my wife and I have made numerous trips  to the State parks  here. Take my word for it,  there is no other country in the world that has this variety of scenery and accommodations.

Several of my German friends will fly in and join me on my 50's anniversary trip (covid 19 allowing), and in the mean time I will bore the forum with trivial technical Questions. 

Greetings

Klaus
The world is not interested in the storms you encountered, but whether or not you brought in the ship.
Raul Armesto

2003 U 320 4020 Unit 6145

Re: New Member just trying to learn the procedure to ask a technical question

Reply #1
Welcome Klaus,
Congrats on your new Foretravel.
This will be the best resource for anything related to your Foretravel. Lots of great people willing to share and help.
Make sure you include your vehicle information in your signature.
Frank
Frank & Daisy
NO LONGER  "looking for the perfect Foretravel
36' or less non slide preferred."  She has been found and is ours.
2003 U320 36' non slide  Unit 6103
Cummins ISM 450
Allison 4000MH

Reply #2
Greetings Klaus,

Always happy to welcome a new member.  This is a very friendly and knowledgeable group, and we are ready to impart to you what passes for wisdom around here.  We also enjoy enabling you to spend your money on "upgrades" and "improvements" to your coach.

No real "procedure" to asking questions, however I can offer a few pointers.  At the top of the page, click on "FORUM" to open a page listing the different sub-groups.  Post your question in whichever group seems most appropriate.  You may notice this question was moved by a Moderator from the "Technical" group to "Discussions".  Do not let this concern you.  The Moderators keep watch over us, and will occasionally reposition a post if they feel it is helpful.  No worries!

As mentioned above, you can enter your coach info in your signature.  Do this on your profile page, under "Modify Profile" tab.

It is helpful, especially early in your learning curve, to ask one question at a time, rather than asking 10 questions in one post.  Makes it easier to answer you, and to keep the thread on track.

The Forum "SEARCH" function is very useful.  Top right corner of every page.  Most of your initial questions have already been answered at some time in the past.  Try entering key words pertaining to your inquiry, and see what pops up.  It is a great learning tool!

More educational resources:

Foretravel Motorhome technical help and information links

https://www.foreforums.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=165

start [ForeForums Foretravel Motorcoach Wiki]

When you get a chance, post some photos of your new ride.  We really like photos!

Cheers
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #3
Greetings Klaus,

The Forum "SEARCH" function is very useful.  Top right corner of every page.  Most of your initial questions have already been answered at some time in the past.  Try entering key words pertaining to your question, and see what pops up.  It is a great learning tool!

We really like photos
Welcome. Congratulations on your coach. If it wasn't for this forum I would of never purchased my coach, for that matter found it either. Real good group of people. Using the Amazon link on the home page helps support the forum also. Generally I get side tracked in the search pages. So much prior information and priors have come up with great ideas.
Scott
Scott and Kim Davidson
If you're going to be dumb, you got to be tough.
DEGOIWKY
Don't ever get old, it will kill you
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834

Reply #4

When you get a chance, post some photos of your new ride.  We really like photos!

Welcome Klaus,

Congratulations on your new coach. 

Chuck is right on, we do love pictures.  We like to see your coach and when you have specific technical questions it helps to see what it is that you are talking about. 

If you are comfortable with it, put a pin on the member's map so we can see where you are located in eastern Washington.  There are several forum members in that general area. 

Again, welcome,

Richard
Jan & Richard Witt
1999 U-320  36ft WTFE
Build Number: 5478 Motorcade: 16599
2008 Roadtrek Adventurous RS Sprinter
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Jan: NO5U, Richard:KA5RIW
The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #5
I will post pictures soon, but I have already set a pin.
We live on acreage outside Northport, WA, the first one horse town on the Columbia River ten miles down from the Canadian border.

Greetings

Klaus
The world is not interested in the storms you encountered, but whether or not you brought in the ship.
Raul Armesto

2003 U 320 4020 Unit 6145