Skip to main content

Topic: water tank sensor? (Read 320 times) previous topic - next topic

water tank sensor?
Hi all,
I noticed that in filling my fresh water tanks it overflowed out the over flow tube behind my right rear wheel before the Audit Javelina
indicator showed full.
In checking the water tank I noticed there is a sensor of some sort that has come...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: water tank sensor?
Reply #1
That is definitely the sensor for your Audit water tank gauge.  I have re-taped mine on several occasions  over the years using aluminum HVAC tape.  This usually helps for a little while. 

I think that what you will learn is that the Audit system...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
how high on the tank should it be mounted
Doesn't matter as long as the tape is in place and the wires are still connected to it.

or replace it with a newer better system as many on this forum have done.   

Many of us have installed the...

Reply #3
Many of us have installed the SeeLevel system when the factory one fails. Like Jan, miraculously, mine is still working but I ran a wire for a SeeLevel as I know it's just a matter of time.

Reply #4
You should re-tape your sensor squarely over the horizontal line you see on the tank.  That's the high water mark.

Reply #5
Thanks for all the advice!!
Peter

Reply #6
can you use glue to mount this sensor?

Reply #7
It uses the foil tape to get the readings. So if it is reading low you can make the foil strips wider.

Reply #8
so do you attached the sensor to the foil tape or what? The pics I posted show the foil tape falling off and to the side,like they were just covering the wiring.
Peter

Reply #9
Peter,

On my coach the wire that went into the aluminum tape had a thin copper strip attached to the end of the wire.  I do not remember if it was soldered or somehow crimped to the copper.  As I recall the copper strip was about half an inch...

Reply #10
Overflow fresh water out over bulkhead is a problem and even occasional drenching of bulkhead steel is not good.  When possible, like many have done, re-route overflow to a different forward location. Lots on Forum with examples.