Skip to main content

Topic: Water Pump Issue - SHURflo Smart Sensor 5.7 (Read 234 times) previous topic - next topic

Water Pump Issue - SHURflo Smart Sensor 5.7
When a faucet is turned on water comes out for a brief period (water pressure in the water line), then there is no water for a few seconds, then the pump kicks in and water comes out normally.  Any ideas why the pump acts in this manner?  We do...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Water Pump Issue - SHURflo Smart Sensor 5.7
Reply #1
Sounds like a sticky pressure switch in the new pump.

Reply #2
Could it be your accumulator tank is shot? Just an idea

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
He said they do not have an accumulater
Johnh

Reply #4
Any idea how to adjust the water pump pressure switch?

Reply #5
SHURflo Smart Sensor 5.7 was a very popular pump and is their most problematic model ever made. No longer available ( for several years ). Their first attempt at electronic variable speed pump to handle low water flows. Circuit board is the...

Reply #6
We've owned both brands of the variable speed pumps: Shurflo, and Flotec. (the Flotec was also sold under a different brand name that doesn't come to mind) Both will fail; typically, the Shurflow will just stop running, and the Flotec will not...

Reply #7
I still have the old pump that had it's circuit board flooded.  Never throw anything away unless I know it's completely useless.  I had planned sometime in the future to disconnect the circuit board and put 12VDC power directly to the pump to see...