Skip to main content

Topic: Leveling system  (Read 645 times) previous topic - next topic

Leveling system
Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I've been on here ( transplant and other medical) I have a 1996 U295 and I bought it before my medical problems so it has been sitting for a year and a half although it has been up to op temperature every...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Leveling system
Reply #1
Welcome back!  Hope the replacement parts are working well.

I would suggest you try running the trouble shooting steps in the Owners Manual.  You probably have the 600 series system.  The manual is linked below.  Follow the trouble shooting steps...

Reply #2
I really appreciate the information I'll certainly try it out, I didn't get any Manuel's, the guy I bought it from kept them for another Foretravel he bought at auction.

Reply #3
You may already be aware, but just in case, the Forum Library has quite a few reference items that may be helpful.  Also, you can call the factory parts counter and ask about the availability of digital copies of the specific manuals for your...

Reply #4
Have you checked the fuses in the HWH computer?

Reply #5
Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I've been on here ( transplant and other medical) I have a 1996 U295 and I bought it before my medical problems so it has been sitting for a year and a...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
In case you couldn't find the manual in the library, here it is. Like Chuck said, the Troubleshooting section is great.
jor

Reply #7
Thankfully we were 2 miles from home when this happened...🙏🏻...I heard a pop and a few seconds later another strange whine and a tire mark on the pavement behind me.  I assumed a tire blew on the Jeep.  I pulled off of the 2 lane as best I...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Mike have you checked your ride height valves.
Scott

Reply #9
Sounds like you have a travel solenoid not working on the rear six pack, the one that controls that side. It will be one of the "top" ones on the manifold....more than likely the coil is shot and not pulling the solenoid open, therefore not...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
I like your idea of using your blocks to get home. I think I will make up some blocks at ride height.

Reply #11
Can you explain in more detail about how you blocked it , what, where and how did you do it? I have had the thought of how to do that if you were in the middle of nowhere.
Sagre

• SteveB
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #12
Had the same thing happen to me except it was the drivers side that deflated. the travel solenoid on that side was bad. Luckily I was on my way to Herman Power Tire in NAC when it happened. Repaired at MOT on a Saturday. Keith happened to be in...

Reply #13
Sagre this looking forward on the right side.  You should place one behind the axle as well the same distance from the air bag.  The 6X6 is about 11 1/2" long.  I believe there is a thread on here as to the proper length of maintenance blocks....

• Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 02:34:42 pm by Jet Doc

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Why don't you keep one of your old airbags and put it inboard of the low air bag and inflate to say 100 psi and continue on your way till proper repairs can be accomplished. Adjust as Necessary  .Cheap adapters available to pressurize with a tire...

Reply #15
Thanks for the idea Scott. I have a new airbag for the Monaco I sold that was a spare part. I kept it to use as a air jack around the yard.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Two would make a nice jack too? Light weight
Scott

Reply #17
Another option is to use the leveling system to set ride height then pull the fuse in the HWH box and the coach will stay there with the ignition on and running.  I came all the way from S. Carolina to Los Angeles that way.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
I could manually air up the suspension with the park brake set but soon after the park brake was released and travel mode engaged the right aft would loose pressure again and the tires would...

Reply #19
My right rear was only going to about 7" ride height on the last trip.  You could hear and feel air exiting through the six pac exhaust port continuously.  Red Tractor removed solenoid and plunger and cleaned it up and all things were back to...

Reply #20
The dreaded white powder had gummed it up, just a tiny spec had stopped the plunger from sealing the port.

For others-- that "dreaded white powder" is the desiccant from a failed air dryer. ...

Reply #21
For others-- that "dreaded white powder" is the desiccant from a failed air dryer.  Neglect air dryer service/replacement and this CAN happen.
Yes I have changed the dyer with a new one.

Reply #22
I totally agree Scott.  I would never "operate" with blocks installed.  I'm talking about limping along at 5 mph to the next exit or in my case the last mile of country road before my driveway.  Wasn't ideal but any port in a storm kind of thing. 

Reply #23
Theone where art thou?

I wait with bated breath for a response from the OP....while watching this thread wobble off the track.