Skip to main content

Topic: 1998 U-320 Manual Air bag use (Read 332 times) previous topic - next topic

1998 U-320 Manual Air bag use
Hi,

I am getting ready to do rear brakes/air bags on my coach, but I am having issues getting the bags to inflate so I can get my safety blocks inserted.

I was able to get my front bags inflated and blocks inserted, but the rear will not come up...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: 1998 U-320 Manual Air bag use
Reply #1
Greetings!  Need more info.

Has your air system operated normally in the recent past?

Will the coach go to correct ride height with engine running?

Is this "failure to raise" a new problem?

Is the engine running or are you trying to use the HWH aux...

Reply #2
Hi,

I am getting ready to do rear brakes/air bags on my coach, but I am having issues getting the bags to inflate so I can get my safety blocks inserted.

I was able to get my front bags...

Reply #3
Sounds like rear fill valves solenoids are non operational if the motor is running

Reply #4
The coach is new to me, but from the looks of it, the rear bags have been inoperable for some time due to the tire rubs on the top of the fenders.  After it runs for a while the green travel light will come on, but I don't think the rear bags are...

Reply #5
If you are trying to raise with only the hwh compressor, try having the engine running and then it should get the bags inflated enough. If you have someone to help you have then push the raise button while you install the blocks otherwise hold...

Reply #6
I was using the 12v pump. I wasn't aware that I could raise it with the engine running. I will give that a go.

It will be very difficult for the 12v aux compressor to raise the rear of the...

Reply #7
It worked!!! It is up and on the blocks.  I definitely have an air leak on the rear. One of the lines coming from the air tank that's next to the solenoid block is chattering from a leak. I tried to track it into the cable tray, but it...

Reply #8
The coach is new to me, but from the looks of it, the rear bags have been inoperable for some time due to the tire rubs on the top of the fenders.  After it runs for a while the green travel...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Another way to raise is to connect an air compressor to your exterior air fitting (the one that's used to air the coach for a tow). Here's a photo of mine. This rig (97 270) had one in the wet bay compartment and on the other side, same...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
I find that when I raise my coach the air pressure drops, I keep pushing the button until the air pressure is back up to 120 psi and
then I turn the engine off and then let go of the the raise button.  It takes a few minutes to raise the coach. My...

Reply #11
When I park, I let the air out then level

Reply #12
When I park, I let the air out then level

Why?  That's more work for the system than simply lowering the high parts (unless of course you want to start with the entry step as low as...

Reply #13
I have 2 air gauges on the dash. The upper gauge will go up to 140 psi, the lower gauge will only get to about 115 psi.  I assumed the top gauge is the front system and the bottom gauge is the rear system.

When I looked at the schematic, one gauge...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
If you take a can of black spray paint and cover the rub area you will know if it is actually rubbing or just a one time event. I have prior rub marks on all four corners. Cheap tell tail indicator.
Scott

Reply #15
Another way to raise is to connect an air compressor to your exterior air fitting (the one that's used to air the coach for a tow). Here's a photo of mine. This rig (97 270) had one in the wet...

Reply #16
Look near the top in your propane compartment.

Reply #17
I have 2 air gauges on the dash. The upper gauge will go up to 140 psi, the lower gauge will only get to about 115 psi.  I assumed the top gauge is the front system and the bottom gauge is...