Skip to main content
Topic: Generator question (Read 505 times) previous topic - next topic

Generator question

I see all of the Foretravels I have researched have generator. Are they standard split phase or single phase?

Re: Generator question

Reply #1
You need to have a specific model and serial number for the generator. Call or email Power tech, email is best. They will tell you what you have. Jeff is the man with the knowledge.
Bruce, Linda, and Macy
Zoey RIP 1/20/19
1999 U295 40' build #5400
2017 silver Jeep Wrangler, 1260 watts of solar on top
Moving around the country

Reply #2
You need to have a specific model and serial number for the generator. Call or email Power tech, email is best. They will tell you what you have. Jeff is the man with the knowledge.
Oh I an shopping. Don't have one. But you answered my question. Not all the same

Reply #3
Oh I an shopping. Don't have one. But you answered my question. Not all the same

CORRECT!
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Reply #4
Are they standard split phase or single phase?
Glenn,

My generator, and probably most PowerTech generators on Foretravels can be wired either way with a simple change of leads on the control module.  MOST are wired single phase in order to simplify the problem of balancing the two phases.  I talked with PowerTech about this years ago.  At that time they suggested leaving mine single phase unless I had some specific reason to ever need 240 volts (which I didn't). 

Richard
Jan & Richard Witt
1999 U-320  36ft WTFE
Build Number: 5478 Motorcade: 16599
2008 Roadtrek Adventurous RS Sprinter
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Jan: NO5U, Richard:KA5RIW
The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #5
Thank you. That helps a lot.