Skip to main content
Topic: Porch light relay (Read 302 times) previous topic - next topic

Porch light relay

I'm in the process of converting my porch light to LED and the "ten minute job" has turned into a project.  The light was not working, but the lighted handle did.  While trouble shooting, I lost the light at the handle.  I had been turning the switch on and off at different times and it failed to come on at one point.  The grounds are all good and I traced the problem to the porch light switch; I was not getting any power to it.  Incidentally,  the little green light at the momentary switch also went out.  While checking the wiring, I removed the interior door trim and found two white wires that were not connected to anything.  One had a cap and the other had a clean cut without cap - there was no evidence that they were connected.
My next step is to try and trace the hot wire back from the switch and find out why it isn't "hot".  Unfortunately, it goes into a mess of "spaghetti" under the kitchen cabinet.  I don't have a wiring diagram but did check the article in Beamalarm regarding touchlite control for the 2002 U320.  I don't know if I have a touchlite, but that doesn't concern me, since the article stated that it did not affect  the rest of the porch light circuit.  According to the diagram, the wire from the switch comes from the relay.  For those that have a front entry, that is located behind a magazine rack next to the passenger seat and isn't applicable in my case.
Here's my question:  Does anyone know were the porch light relay is located for a mid entry coach?
2000 U320 mid entry  #5688
2006 Jeep Liberty

USMCR retired
SDFD retired
FEMA US&R TF8