Skip to main content
Topic: Switch by door of coach (Read 533 times) previous topic - next topic

Switch by door of coach

I have a switch panel located at the door of my coach that consists of 3 switches. PORCH, STEP and INTERIOR.
The porch switch works and actually turns on and off the porch light. The step light turns on the step light and under kitchen sink and bathroom accent lights (below counter which I will changing out to led strip lighting) and the interior light which has a green led light below it that is always on, and the switch that does NOTHING. It does not turn anything off or on.

Does anyone have an idea what this switch is meant to be for?
If it is truly not being used for anything I will incorporate it as the switch for the step which I intended to wire to close each time the door closes...regardless of whether the ignition is on.
Regards
Peter

Peter    Alberta Canada
'98 U320 40'  Build 5359 M11 450 HP, Aqua hot, Blu Ox

Re: Switch by door of coach

Reply #1
Mine turns on the inside fluorescent lights right above the stair well in the middle of the coach but I have a Mid entry. It is a 3 way switch with one under the cabinet above the sink.

2000 GV320 4010 build #5712  2019-?
1999 Bounder 2000-2008
Bardstown, KY
🥃The Bourbon Capital of the World🥃

Reply #2
Mine turns on the lights midway in the coach, over the recliner. It is a 3 way switch with the other switch above the couch on the drivers side. Check to see if that light is getting power, otherwise I would suspect a loose wire in the switch circuit by the door.

Larry
Larry Warren
1996  U320 36' SBID "Lola"
Build #4970
Motorcade #18318

Reply #3
Mine turns on 4 puck lights. One over the door, one in the ceiling over drivers chair and the other two are under the cabinets
Richard & Betty Bark & Keiko our Golden Doodle
2003 U320T 3820 PBDS
Build # 6215
MC # 16926
2016 Chevrolet Colorado 4X4 diesel

Reply #4
Peter,

On a '98 as has been mentioned it should turn on the fluorescent light over the fridge.  The switch over the sink and the switch by the door is tied to  that light.  There is a relay that should be hid under the false floor of the cabinet over the micro. or sink.  All those switches do is show that relay a ground to get it to activate. So don't go pulling all your hair out looking for the relay or power to the switches.

Mike

Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #5
Mine turns on floor lighting that runs from the bathroom to the kitchen.
1993 U300 40ft GV SE
Build # 4344

Western NC mountains

Reply #7
I had underlighting mine turned on.
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on Ford 550 nonslide version
Former Coaches  covering. 360,000 miles
1999 34 U270
2000 36 U320
2001 42' double slide U320
2018 Jeep Rubicon

Reply #8
There's three switches by the door in our coach, outside light, china cabinet and floor lights, neon tubes over front and rear window these are up under the curtain valance.
88 Grand Villa 36' ORED 3208 (throwaway)Cat.
 Build # 3150
Happiness is the maximum agreement of reality and desire.

Reply #9
Thanks for all the responses.
My coach has the door switch panel that contains the porch,step and interior light.
As stated the interior switch is a one way switch that has a led below that is on all the time. The switch powers or  operates NOTHING.
Does any one have the same switch and the same problem...perhaps a solution?

Peter    Alberta Canada
'98 U320 40'  Build 5359 M11 450 HP, Aqua hot, Blu Ox

Reply #10
the switch has the green led as a convenience for arriving at the coach when it
is dark out. it turns on the ceiling fluorescent in the kitchen, for safe entry to the
coach at night. it can also be switched on the drivers side at aft end of the couch.
the latching relay is located behind the back side panel in the microwave
cabinet. the other latching relay for the bathroom is behind the back closet wall.
can you here it clicking when you turn on either switch? that is the setup on my 98

Reply #11
Porch light relay

This topic might help?

2000 GV320 4010 build #5712  2019-?
1999 Bounder 2000-2008
Bardstown, KY
🥃The Bourbon Capital of the World🥃