Skip to main content

Topic: Touchlite/grab handle (Read 159 times) previous topic - next topic

Touchlite/grab handle
I don't think my door handle touchlight has worked since I've had it.  I never knew about it.
While working on my porch light (recent discussion topic), I pulled off the interior door trim which revealed all the wires.  I found two that were...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Touchlite/grab handle
Reply #1
We need pictures.

From what I am thinking is you can fish for the wires from the outside when you push them back in from where you pushed them out of.

Reply #2
While working on my porch light (recent discussion topic), I pulled off the interior door trim which revealed all the wires.  I found two that were disconnected, and there was no clue...

Reply #3
The door bell works and the wires are not labeled.  I'm guessing that they were disconnected when the coach was repainted.  Since one wire had a plastic cap and the other was clean cut, it was done intentionally. 
It would extremely difficult to...

Reply #4
Try some dental floss and use a vacuum from the outside and see if it will suck it back through. then use the floss to pull the wires.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Tie a little piece of plastic bag to the end and it will act like a mini parachute. Used many times with tiecord. Dental floss would be even better.

Reply #6
Sven I had very difficult time getting wires to go through for my overhead porch light. I tried everything wouldn't go. The new light that I had bought had a different kind of wire and I was able to push that through from the outside. When I...

Reply #7
The idea of using dental floss is brilliant, but is there a reason to go to the trouble?  I could easily drill through the metal plate.