Skip to main content
Topic: Hi Forum 1995 240 Awning bracket base screws pulled out anyone with this issue? (Read 398 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi Forum 1995 240 Awning bracket base screws pulled out anyone with this issue?

Greetings from the north  :help:  first timer on the Forum we would appreciate advice much..  has anyone had to deal with the front base support bracket screws pulling out of the RV wall. Even knowing what the construction is behind the exterior skin in that location would be some help thank you Will n Pam from the Ark :-)
Will n Pam

Re: Hi Forum 1995 240 Awning bracket base screws pulled out anyone with this issue?

Reply #1
When mine got very loose, upon taking the screws out and removing the bracket, I found that the fiberglass had "mushroomed" very badly. It didn't seem like much was behind the fiberglass.  I used the screw in type drywall anchors. Before installing them, I covered the threaded part the goes into the wall with JB Weld, then tightened them in.  After the epoxy set up, I put everything back together and the screws went in super tight. It's been a year and a half with some good winds and its been holding strong.
Mark & Bev
2001 U295 36'
Cummins ISC 8.3 350HP
Build #5802
Jeep Wrangler Toad

Re: Hi Forum 1995 240 Awning bracket base screws pulled out anyone with this issue?

Reply #2
Thank you Mark n Bev  I found there is a steel plate possible angle iron backing  likely to allow frame for above wheel area ... I used concrete anchors which expand when tightened  worked but not great  better to open the area from under wheel well and put nut on inside I think but this seems to be strong ... monitoring LOL...  stay well Will n Pam
Will n Pam