Skip to main content
Topic: help with direct tv (Read 440 times) previous topic - next topic

help with direct tv

I had direct tv installed at MOT when I purchased the motorhome. Fast forward 6 years the directtv receiver would over heat. I was forced to put ice pack under the receiver to watch TV. Called at&t spent over hour with them in order to get a new receiver. Tech wanted to install it, however, the motorhome is at my farm. So I tried to install it without much luck. Over hour with lousy at&t.
My remote will not work at all. Can get some programs by using the receiver manually.
What do I have to do to get tech support? Another hour on the phone and still no tech scheduled.
Help walk me through what I have to do in order to get TV. Winegard Sat. lists all three satellites. Restarted receiver, took batteries out of remote. But no remote control. Help!!!!!! >:D
John
1998 U270 34'

Re: help with direct tv

Reply #1
Try 1-800-822-3352.  That should get you directly to tech support.  Have you re-booted the receiver by pressing the red button on the side while it is powered on?
Regards,
Brett

'99 42' Foretravel Xtreme
'14 Brown Motorsports Stacker
'05 Chevy SSR
'02 BMW R1150R

Reply #2
Yes, I also have had at&t resend signal. Nothing works on the remote and the run around from at&t is a disgrace. Talked to 4 different people yesterday for 1 hour trying to get a tech to come out to the motorhome. The people that answer your call have no idea what a motorhome is. Wish there was a alternative to direct tv other than canceling.
John
1998 U270 34'

Reply #3
To make sure I understand. You can get programming. You just can not get your Directv remote to control the receiver?  If you go to setup on your receiver there is  a section and getting the remote to work with the receiver. I have no messed with that, just had seen the option.  Have you tried that.
2014 ih45  (4th Foretravel owned)
 1997 36' U295 Sold in 2020, owned for 19 years
  U240 36' Sold to insurance company after melting in garage fire
    33' Foretravel on Dodge Chassis  Sold very long time ago

Reply #4
If it's the old remote it might be incomparable or dead. Ask DTV for a new one.
Tom Lang K6PG (originally  KC6UEC)
and Diane Lang
2003 38 U295 build 6209
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Ecodiesel
still have tow-ready 2006 Acura MDX 
Temple City, California
Motorcade 16681 California Chapter President
SKP 16663 member of SKP Park of the Sierra, Coarsegold California
FMCA F071251
Retired electrical and electronic engineer

Reply #5
Try removing the battery cover on the remote and "roll" the batteries a few times using your finger.
That often times works for me.........or install some new batteries.

Reply #6
Maybe the remote is set for RF and the new box defaults to IR.
Tom Lang K6PG (originally  KC6UEC)
and Diane Lang
2003 38 U295 build 6209
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Ecodiesel
still have tow-ready 2006 Acura MDX 
Temple City, California
Motorcade 16681 California Chapter President
SKP 16663 member of SKP Park of the Sierra, Coarsegold California
FMCA F071251
Retired electrical and electronic engineer

Reply #8
How about sharing what receiver model you now have, and the model of your remote (model # above 'on' button. Very hard to assist with no information.

Your problem is likely not difficult to resolve.

Also explain in detail what you cannot do, and what you can do ok.