Skip to main content

Topic: help with direct tv (Read 244 times) previous topic - next topic

help with direct tv
I had direct tv installed at MOT when I purchased the motorhome. Fast forward 6 years the directtv receiver would over heat. I was forced to put ice pack under the receiver to watch TV. Called at&t spent over hour with them in order to get a new...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: help with direct tv
Reply #1
Try 1-800-822-3352.  That should get you directly to tech support.  Have you re-booted the receiver by pressing the red button on the side while it is powered on?

Reply #2
Yes, I also have had at&t resend signal. Nothing works on the remote and the run around from at&t is a disgrace. Talked to 4 different people yesterday for 1 hour trying to get a tech to come out to the motorhome. The people that answer your call...

Reply #3
To make sure I understand. You can get programming. You just can not get your Directv remote to control the receiver?  If you go to setup on your receiver there is  a section and getting the remote to work with the receiver. I have no messed with...

Reply #4
If it's the old remote it might be incomparable or dead. Ask DTV for a new one.

Reply #5
Try removing the battery cover on the remote and "roll" the batteries a few times using your finger.
That often times works for me.........or install some new batteries.

Reply #6
Maybe the remote is set for RF and the new box defaults to IR.

Reply #7

Reply #8
How about sharing what receiver model you now have, and the model of your remote (model # above 'on' button. Very hard to assist with no information.

Your problem is likely not difficult to resolve.

Also explain in detail what you cannot do, and...