Skip to main content

Topic: Hydraulic fan controller (Read 649 times) previous topic - next topic

Hydraulic fan controller
There had been a lot of discussion about the possible benefits of changing out the OEM S-D electronic fan controller for the mechanical wax ring option.  I don't recall if anyone posted this info, but it addresses a lot of the questions, some of...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Hydraulic fan controller
Reply #1
Noticeable difference.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Sven, are these manufactured by them or are they using a time proven valve that is currently in production by someone else? What was the cost of the kit?
Scott

Reply #3
Sven, are these manufactured by them or are they using a time proven valve that is currently in production by someone else? What was the cost of the kit?
Scott
On my unit the following is printed: ...

Reply #4
Same basic part that came on our 97.  Different temp settings

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
White House products 211 pounds 270$ us
Thanks Scott

Reply #6
Same basic part that came on our 97.  Different temp settings
What are your settings? This one is full on at 199 deg.

Reply #7
Were was 185 full on.  Thermostat is 180 to 200

Reply #8
White House products 211 pounds 270$ us
Thanks Scott
Interesting. PN 553/1/09857 is the one I bought. The Dynamatic spec sheet list that number as calibrated to 93C (199.4F); same as the one...

Reply #9
Would be interesting to see spec sheets for various units with temp curves from closed to full open. 

Reply #10
Interesting. PN 553/1/09857 is the one I bought. The Dynamatic spec sheet list that number as calibrated to 93C (199.4F); same as the one craneman has.
I was referring to the part number Sven...

Reply #11
I was referring to the part number Sven listed. I still have the original electronic.
Sorry, I misread your post.  O:)

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Could someone post pictures were the valve was installed. Both original and kit position would be useful. May vary location, but would like to see what others have done. I'm going to order a valve from the UK manufacturer to use on my coach in...

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Reply #13
Be aware the Sourch Engineering Kit has five (5) items, all of which you will need to install the control.  If you order the control unit only, you will need to source the other 4 items.

I recommend the Source Engineering Kit and will purchase one...

Reply #14
Here's a photo of my U320 fan controller in the center of the photo.  It is welded to the pipe that goes into the upper Vibraflex (bulging) hose  at the rear of the radiator.  The smaller, more vertical hose (leading to the upper left corner of...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
Okay, is this were Foretravel originally installed them? Rudy for $1000 I'll can source the bung and correct hoses without adding cheater hoses. I'd rather see the money go to you for upcoming aqua hot consultation and repairs. May have to work a...

Reply #16
The location I mounted ours did not require new hoses, or extensions. I bought the wax capsule on ebay, and machined the bung from an inexpensive stock ORB fitting. (I couldn't find a bung for sale)

Greg

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Greg, very nice installation. I think you have the direction I'll be following.
Scott

Reply #18
Thanks, Scott. IMO, the best benefit of having it there is that it's a snap to get at for the low speed adjustment, should I need to do that.

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Reply #19
MisterEd,  I second the "very nice installatiion".  I do not have the equipment and ability to machine a bung.  So Bravo to you Sir.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
MisterEd,  I second the "very nice installatiion".  I do not have the equipment and ability to machine a bung.  So Bravo to you Sir.
But you do have many people you have helped over the years...

Reply #21
....MisterEd I can't imagine the hours of cleaning and painting you have done on your coach, looks like you own a new coach. 
I was thinking the same thing.  Picture was just a small section of the...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
Thanks, Scott. IMO, the best benefit of having it there is that it's a snap to get at for the low speed adjustment, should I need to do that.

Can you post the Product number on the wax valve...

Reply #23
Okay, is this were Foretravel originally installed them? Rudy for $1000 I'll can source the bung and correct hoses without adding cheater hoses. I'd rather see the money go to you for upcoming aqua...

Reply #24
Can you post the Product number on the wax valve and explain the Low speed adjustment? I used a needle valve and adjusted it to slow the flow for low speed so thinking maybe I can remove that...