Skip to main content
Topic: Add Nacogdoches to my drive? (Read 429 times) previous topic - next topic

Add Nacogdoches to my drive?

I'm flying out to Florida tomorrow to bring my (new to me) 88GV home(Oceanside, CA). I had planned to run the I-10 across but with Delta hitting it pretty hard I'm going to shift up to the I-20. This puts me close to Foretravel home base. Is there a compelling reason to visit? Do they host rigs there (overnighting)? Just trying to figure out if it's worth the detour..
Len Barron
1988 GV36 U280 3208T(250hp)/MT643
1972 Jeep Commando LS2/4L65e
2000 Chevy Express Hightop Campervan
LBZ Duramax /6sp Allison

Re: Add Nacogdoches to my drive?

Reply #1
You should make the effort to visit the mother shop!  They do have overnight hookups and it would be a great time to have them or someone there to look over the coach you are going to purchase!  Congratulations on your new to you rig!  Safe travels!
Joe & Dottie Allen
Sold!  December 2023.      2000 U320; build # 5645
Our coach " Maxine"
Motorcade #  15922;  Escapee 150950; FMCA F330833; Boondockers Welcome;  Harvest Hosts;  Thousand Trails
'98 U320 from 2000-'06
USAF '62-'66

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." ―Epicurus

Reply #2
well

Likely on your journey you may find a few things that might need some maintenance - NAC is the mecca of FT repair. - MOT, NMS, FT and Xtreme all are there to trade money for repairs and upgrades. If you go on 20, you can always make an in route decision if there is something (time permitting) you would like to have addressed by the experts.

I live in the Pacific Northwest these days, I would never get that close to NAC without a stop, because in my neck of the woods, the nearest decent FT capable shops are 4-5 hours away. The more I can get taken care of in NAC on my schedule the better.

Where is the coach's new home?

My $.02

Tim Fiedler

Sure Start Soft Start - home of SureStart soft starters TCER Direct - Generac Home Standby Installation Wire - home of Generac Approved Aluminum and Copper TCER Composite cable http://www.generatorgasproducts.com - home of X-Riser Gas Risers for PE installation Call me at 630 240-9139
Gen-Pro
Tim Fiedler    2000  Foretravel U-320 4010
2000 Chevy Tracker 2 Door Convertible 4WD Now lifted 4.5"
1985 Citroen 2CV6 Charleston
Murphy Rebel on wheels with 175HP Titan
Cessna 185 on Aerocet 3500 straight floats. (1/4 share)
1980 48' Westport MY (!/4 Share)

Reply #3
Congratulations on your coach.

Nacogdoches is good for maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and maybe  an inspection of your new to you coach so you will have a better idea of what she is and what she might need in the future.  I always stopped at least once a year crossing the country during our 12 years of full timing in our coach.

Best of luck                    ^.^d
Ted & Karen
2001 U270 36' - sold after 12 years full timing

Reply #4
I would consider a stop at MOT to have Kieth R do a post purchase inspection.  It will give you a good baseline on what needs immediate attention and what to put on the to-do list as time and $$$s allow.

Rich
Rich and Peggy Bowman
2002 U270 3610 WTFS, build #5939--"Freedom"
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4xe
SMI AirForceOne brake system
PakCanoe 15