Skip to main content
Topic: Antenna Sensor (Read 494 times) previous topic - next topic

Antenna Sensor

Is anyone in need of the "Antenna Not Down" sensor that goes on the arms of the crank up TV antenna, or a King Jack Digital head that replaces the old Bat Wing head ?
I replaced my crank up unit with a King surface mount today.  Thought I would see if anyone had a need before I tossed it.
Mark & Bev
2001 U295 36'
Cummins ISC 8.3 350HP
Build #5802
Jeep Wrangler Toad

Re: Antenna Sensor

Reply #1
Mine antenna light is always on. Could I be a faulty sensor?

1991 grand villa

Is it going to work on this old coach?
1991 Grand Villa U300

Reply #2
Not sure, if it's a winegard bat wing style, I would think so. Here's a couple of pics.
Mark & Bev
2001 U295 36'
Cummins ISC 8.3 350HP
Build #5802
Jeep Wrangler Toad

Reply #3
Mark, You might want to hold on to the antenna-- I replaces ours with a king surface mount and the TV reception was worse than the bat wing so I put the old one back on the coach!
Just my thought
Chris
1999 U 320 DGFE
Build Number 5523
Chris & Elka Lang
In the field, Lonoke AR

Reply #4
The other thing a lift and rotate OTA antenna is you can hang a directional cellular or WiFi antenna and rotate for best signal.  We miss ours OTA rotating antenna since we removed it for more solar.

Reply #5
The gear on it was loose enough that I just got tired of it rattling on the roof.  We have satellite dish for most tv we want. Also, with our cellular wifi unit, we get our Netflix and Amazon TV, and we have more than enough to watch. If by chance we are too far out for the King unit to pick up a local channel, its not a big deal to us.
Mark & Bev
2001 U295 36'
Cummins ISC 8.3 350HP
Build #5802
Jeep Wrangler Toad

Reply #6
Chris, was curious if you added the Power Booster when you installed your antenna ?  I live in a small town in the mountains of Colorado where our digital tv reception is not good at all.  I pulled the coach out of the garage to give it the new antenna a test today. With my crank up with the booster on, was able to get a few channels, but a somewhat snowy picture. With the booster off on the new antenna, it was not too good.  Turn on the booster, dialed the knob until i got 3 blue lights, (couldn't get 4) and the picture exceeded the crank up quality by quite a bit.  Time will tell on the reception elsewhere, but the Power Booster made a huge difference compared to the crank up antenna.
Mark & Bev
2001 U295 36'
Cummins ISC 8.3 350HP
Build #5802
Jeep Wrangler Toad