Skip to main content

Topic: Strap that holds the awnings on the windows and slides! (Read 209 times) previous topic - next topic

Strap that holds the awnings on the windows and slides!
Well, we had some pretty heavy wind here yesterday and our brand new slide topper we had installed about 5 months ago by Shade Pro, decided to rip the strap out of the pop rivets that hold the strap on to the roller.  Seems they did not use large...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Strap that holds the awnings on the windows and slides!
Reply #1
I recently replaced all of our ZipDee fabric. IMO, the best way to do it is to unwind the spring. Instructions are available from ZipDee website. The old, bastardized, pull strap on the old awning had a thin plastic plate over where the strap is...

Reply #2
Hey Juice,
I have more than once wished my slide topper awning was a separate slide topper and separate window awning(s).  If I don't pull the awning all the way down when the slide is out then rain collects on the awning and water pours...

Reply #3
I may call Foretravel and order another strap and install two on that big awning.  Will need a second hold down hook as well.  Hmm, may do three, since I would have the holes left by the center one if I remove it.  Yes, three will certainly work...