Skip to main content

Topic: Aux compressor check valve (Read 184 times) previous topic - next topic

Aux compressor check valve
I have the non-stop compressor running issue and at first check I see that the desiccant and water separator need replacement so I ordered them but the manual shows a check valve between the two units that my setup doesn't have. It's a straight...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Aux compressor check valve
Reply #1
When the compressor is running, is air coming out the bottom of the solenoid condensate bowl (the one without the desiccant)? 

That is a NO (normally open) solenoid valve that should be open ONLY when the pump isn't running (to expel condensate -...

Reply #2
...the manual shows a check valve between the two units that my setup doesn't have. It's a straight through male to male brass fitting. Should I add one?
Have you actually removed the...

Reply #3
I don't know how to add a picture, the button asks for a url?

I have all the parts on the bench and the junction isn't a check valve, just a straight m/m.

Of course it's a 2006 and has worked this way for years and at least since I bought it last...

Reply #4
I felt no leak when it was running but the water separator had an inch of water in it so the valve wasn't working and the desiccant filter was pink and the metal containment cover was rusted so I have all on order.
I'll be adding a pressure gage...

Reply #5
It could be just the relay contacts are stuck so I'll check that too....

Reply #6
Of course it's a 2006 and has worked this way for years and at least since I bought it last year.
In that case, the hardware configuration is probably correct, and I wouldn't worry about the...

Reply #7
I don't know how to add a picture, the button asks for a url?

Quick and dirty is to have the folder their in on your computer open, then drag n' drop them into the post. 

Slightly more...

Reply #8
I am providing a link below to a .pdf diagram of the aux compressor on a 600 Series leveling system.  Your compressor may be different.

A 2006 should have a 2000 series, I think.  The...

Reply #9

Reply #10
Yes I have three slides with bladders.

I did order the check valve from FT so I can put it back together as it was and also try the check valve for an option.

Tyson

Reply #11
So the good news is after replacing water separator and related solenoid, the desiccant filter, and adding a pressure gauge it appears all is well! It pressurized right up to ~115psi and cut off and hasn't turned back on. It gave a nice puff when...

Reply #12
Keep it.  You should have a special drawer or container for "Spare Parts".  If you don't, start one now.  You will tend to accumulate parts as you go along, and it's nice to have them all in one place for handy quick access.