Skip to main content

Topic: Illuminate Dash (Read 333 times) previous topic - next topic

Illuminate Dash
Did the search, lots of good info, but not the answer I was looking for.

There is a 4" section at the top of my gold Illuminate lights that are out. No burning or anything. So I took a razor blade, and separated the top along the edge.

Now the...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Illuminate Dash
Reply #1
When I did mine it didn't fix any areas that were blacked out already it just stopped the area that was shorting out from doing anymore damage.  At least that is the way I understood it?

Reply #2
When I did mine it didn't fix any areas that were blacked out already it just stopped the area that was shorting out from doing anymore damage.  At least that is the way I understood it?

I am...

Reply #3
There seems to be transformers? On the back of the panels.  Not sure how Javelina wired or powered the panel. The glow area I think is 110 volt?

Reply #4
Having worked on several Beech Baron aircraft that have these same type panels found this information. I don't know if these will be like the Foretravel panels or not. A phone call doesn't cost very much though.

Steve McKinney, is the owner of Air...

Reply #5
The 2 left panels are unplugged
Thanks Chris
Where and how do the plug in? None of mine work, in fact until recently I didn't even know about this feature. I suspect my problem may be the dash...

Reply #6
You can see the small round inverters bonded to the back of the dash panels along their lower edge.

If all of yours are out I'm thinking the dash brightness rheostat is not feeding the circuit?

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Mine don't work also. There is no power to the rheostat and I haven't found the inverter yet. Owners before me drilled holes
though the dash and one screw goes right through the blue.

Reply #8
Death to short out the panel

Reply #9
Took a stab at it, ordered electric paint for $15.00. Going to re-glue the edge with that.
Everything looks good, no shorts or sparks.Just no light where it is un-attched to the dash
Otherwise will send them to someone, and have them repaired.

Reply #10
Chris, I called James at Extreme and he was more than happy to talk with me (7mnths ago) about the fixes for the EL dash. He used to build them at Foretravel. Might give him a call

Reply #11
Chris, I called James at Extreme and he was more than happy to talk with me (7mnths ago) about the fixes for the EL dash. He used to build them at Foretravel. Might give him a call
Thank you,...

Reply #12
I found a thread on the Wanderlodge Owners Group forum on EL dash issues. Perhaps it may be of help:  Link

There was also a link to a supplier of the inverters that power the luminescent strips. I don't know if it is the same as used on...