Skip to main content
Topic: Aluminum entry step (Read 485 times) previous topic - next topic

Aluminum entry step

I have read on allthingsforetravel about someone who had an aluminum entry step made (154 dollars CDN??) AND AM WONDERING If anyone has had this done as well. Being in Canada I certainly would entertain getting one made if some one could offer up the manufacture to contact. FT wants 305 U.S. for their step....
Peter
Peter    Alberta Canada
'98 U320 40'  Build 5359 M11 450 HP, Aqua hot, Blu Ox

Re: Aluminum entry step

Reply #1
Peter that seems really cheap for a aluminum step. Still would have to transfer your fiberglass cover. Why not just duplicate from steel and get it powder coated I'm genuinely love too shed some weight off our fat coaches but just think it will cost that much to buy materials let alone build it. Myself I think the $305 if it was powder coated is a reasonable price for the steel one. But don't forget probably  another $40 to ship.
Good luck. Post some picture when your done
Scott
Scott and Kim Davidson
If you're going to be dumb, you got to be tough.
DEGOIWKY
Don't ever get old, it will kill you
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834

Reply #2
Making it out of aluminum would probably more expensive than steel but now that you brought it up if I needed a new step
I would make it out of aluminum.
Peter and Frieda Morin
1999 36ft. U320 Foretravel
Build # 5436
1998 Suzuki Sidekick Sport

Reply #3
Jonathan hardeman had one designed and made from stainless, check with him.

Keith
The selected media item is not currently available.Keith & Jo
2003 U320T 4025 PBBS Designer series
Build 6203    Cummins 500hp
2000 U320 4010 WTFE / Build 5762 —Sold—
Motorcade #18070   
Pasadena, Texas
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara-Sunset Orange pearl coat
Don't argue with a fool, people watching might not be able to tell the difference.

Reply #4
I took my old step off and dropped it off at an aluminum fabrication shop in Vero Beach, FL. They made a great replacement that works perfectly for $100 USD
Larry
1996 U295 36'
Build # 4805
Actually we sold it but just like to lurk