Skip to main content

Topic: Door no longer made (Read 644 times) previous topic - next topic

Door no longer made
My coach after my excursion into a semi, needs a new door.  Just talked to Xtreme, and my door was from an aircraft mfg. than is no longer in business.  They were used on 95-99 coaches, along with other doors from other manufacturers. So I need a...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Door no longer made
Reply #1
I forgot, it also has an external hinge.  I have called Vision RV in Kentucky and there door are rotted on the bottom, going to call them back and see how badly vs what mine looks like.  Thanks guys for any and all help.

Reply #2
I forgot, it also has an external hinge.  I have called Vision RV in Kentucky and there door are rotted on the bottom, going to call them back and see how badly vs what mine looks like.  Thanks...

Reply #3
try Colaw RV Parts and Salvage in Carthage MO they had a couple of Foretravels, not sure the years or door status

Tim Fiedler

Reply #4
is this what you want??

95 U320

Reply #5
Be aware that the 95 door is narrower by a few inches than the following production  years. You need a 1995 door.

Reply #6
Yes Lon I measured and noticed that it was not very wide, did not realize that it was the only year for that width.  The pics of buses at the Kentucky RV salvage yard are a bit misleading, none of them are in the condition in the pics.  The pics...

Reply #7
95 and 96 are both 24" doors.  97 and up 26"

The 95 door is a unicorn.  They KNOW what it's worth if you have to have it.

Sellers market.  They need to pull it.  Box it and truck ship it.

Reply #8
Post some pictures of it.  Bear in mind there are people who can build you an exact P51 Mustang if you supply a data plate.  I'll show my aluminum TIG guy, see what he can do. 

Reply #9
For instance there are no side mirrors on any coach.  May take door off and see if anything can be done with it.  Not going to do that until I have had time to explore all options.  Thanks for...

Reply #10
Yes seems to be

Reply #11
Yes seems to be

Is it a flat door with round corners and maybe a window? If it's like the one in the picture a high end sheet metal shop can built one easily.

Reply #12
Perhaps Foretravel can help?

• SteveB
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #13
Had to have my entry door replaced at FOT and the part came from PPL.

Reply #14
Steve:  PPL is a supplier of doors for Foretravel, but the did not, and do not make these doors.

• Texhub
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
Lower stress.  There are still craft people in the country.  With measurements and pictures. It can be built. Think of all the school bus conversions. Tiny houses on and on. Man made it! It can be made again. Its not that hard.
Mark

Reply #16
Maybe PPL is PTL.

PTL Engineering
3333 John Conley Dr. Lapeer, MI 48446
(810) 664-2310

Welcome - PTL Engineering

They made the door on my '03, and the may be able to help.  Their website says they do custom work.

• SteveB
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #17
Had to have my entry door replaced at FOT and the part came from PPL.
My bad. The new door assembly for my coach came from PTL, not PPL.

Steve

Reply #18
Pass The Loot

Reply #19
Update, trying to post pics, but my mind is not in tune with the logic necessary to do same, but I will get it done. 

So here are my thoughts so far:  Early next week bringing coach to a body shop (friend of mine) and the owner will look at the...

Reply #20
Chris is a body man, but also a builder of hot rods etc from scratch.
I watch YouTube videos of master hotrod reconstruction experts and their projects, just because I am so in awe of their...