Skip to main content

Topic: Body damage (Read 672 times) previous topic - next topic

Body damage
So I had somebody damage done the other day driving into a site at a state park. It was twilight time and the visibility wasn't good and there was a concrete basin for water spigot that was sticking out that I thought it was only out about an...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Body damage
Reply #1
Try to relax - it's just "stuff", it can and will be fixed, and most of us have done similar at some point over the years, these are really big objects! Save stress for life changing stuff if possible

can you drill a hole in the fiberglass and...

Reply #2
Or see what u can do with a longer ratchet strap. Loop around the door and through a lower frame member or generator mount. That would for sure keep it from popping up and give u a little piece of mind.

Reply #3
Gorilla tape

Reply #4
Join the club. A driver went through a red light and clipped the driver's side front corner.  A ghastly crunching noise.  I used metal mending plates from the lumber yard and screws with some decorative duct tape.  Got me to Xtreme in NAC where...

Reply #5
Join the club. A driver went through a red light and clipped the driver's side front corner.  A ghastly crunching noise.  I used metal mending plates from the lumber yard and...

Reply #6
It popped the latch caused some fiberglass damage and now when I'm driving the door keeps popping open. duct tape's not working too well

You could disconnect the gas struts that...

Reply #7
We've all been there. I had my first crunch on my way home from buying the coach at MOT.

In my experience I would only go to Xtreme in NAC for body work. They are magicians.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
When looking at coaches to purchase one had a bungee cord holding the left front generator door closed from the inside. Seemed to keep it closed fine..
Scott

Reply #9
Looks like part of the magic was a headlight conversion.  :)

Given they're doing fiberglass work in the area anyway....  ;)

Reply #10
Looks like part of the magic was a headlight conversion.  :)

That project was already scheduled.  The other driver's insurance paid for a big part of the headlight conversion

Reply #11
That project was already scheduled.  The other driver's insurance paid for a big part of the headlight conversion
A great of example of making lemon aid when life gives you...

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
When looking at coaches to purchase one had a bungee cord holding the left front generator door closed from the inside. Seemed to keep it closed fine..
Scott

I had a broken latch on the door under...

Reply #13
Join the club. A driver went through a red light and clipped the driver's side front corner.  A ghastly crunching noise.  I used metal mending plates from the lumber yard and...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Bob,what about that place in Tenn. where James Holder used to work,or the Extreme store at Quartzsite,they always have a booth there,can you get under the front of the coach and bungee cord from the inside,not sure where you are but we have the...

Reply #15
Bob,what about that place in Tenn. where James Holder used to work

Pretty sure it's a Camping World now  :-X   Oops - just checked the map, it changed hands again and appears to a Lazydays...

Reply #16
Thanks for all the suggestions. I was really stressed out when I made the original post. Being on the side of i-95 with traffic whizzing by barely feet from your head trying to get that door from popping open was not fun as I'm sure you all can...

Reply #17
Well the damage is not as bad as I thought it was in the light of day and a clear head. Still be interesting to see what the final tally comes to. I have a $500 deductible for collision and body damage so that's my out-of-pocket expenses. There's...

Reply #18
Yes, call Xtreme on Monday AM and ask to speak to Greg

Take a few more pictures and send them over the weekend to XTreme

James@xtremegraphics.net

Greg will be able to tell you about how much it will cost to fix, and you can decide at that point if...

Reply #19

Save your "worry reserve" for life's big challenges, let go the small aggravations where possible

Some good Saturday advice, that.

jk

Reply #20
It looks like it wasn't the faucet base that got you, but rather the drainage ditch beside the road.  Once your left front tire dropped into the ditch, your front corner fiberglass was very close to ground level.  Been there, done that.  If you...

Reply #21
Actually having to go outside on a busy highway to close the doors that pop open has been a big deal for me. Thoughts of a trauma center or cemetary in my future is on my mind while outside the coach trying to shut them and bump them closed.
I...

Reply #22
Okay I was able to get an appointment with xtreme next Monday the same day I was going to go to foretravel. thanks for all the suggestions I appreciate it I'll keep you updated on what it needs and what the final damage is.
Bob

Reply #23
Bob, are your cargo doors opening all the way so that you appear to be a winged object?  Try disconnecting the gas struts if that's the case.

Reply #24
Bob, are your cargo doors opening all the way so that you appear to be a winged object?  Try disconnecting the gas struts if that's the case.

Yeah when they open T-man they sometimes pop...