Skip to main content

Topic: Winterizing (Read 226 times) previous topic - next topic

Winterizing
Just finished this task. Thanks for all the help from you all for tips. I ended up blowing everything out with air and then pulling 10 gallons of antifreeze thru it. Worked great and I feel it is safe from any damage!
Thanks again

Re: Winterizing
Reply #1
Just finished this task. Thanks for all the help from you all for tips. I ended up blowing everything out with air and then pulling 10 gallons of antifreeze thru it. Worked great and I...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #2
Good job done, Dan.  We just did our coach on Tuesday. I use about 6 gallons with an AquaHot.  With an LP hot water heater it probably takes more unless you bypass the water heater.

Reply #3
Personally, I would never fill my LP water heater (aqua hot yes) with anti freeze. It takes forever to flush it out. Even with that done, it will stink even worse when heated to 130 degree's for a long time.

It is the number one complaint to me...

Reply #4
Yes, filled the water heater and pumped from there as I don't have a bypass. Someone recomended it on here and it was worked great

Reply #5
It's not an aquahot. I do a water-pure rinse in the spring and works great

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Come spring, to get rid of the musty, cloudy water from the heater, go to a Dollar Tree and buy 5 bottles of their 5% vinegar.
Put it in your water heater, fill the rest of the way with water, and then turn on the water heater power and leave it...

Reply #7

Winterized mine last week. 5 gallons after blowing out with air. AH full of 50/50 as well as the engine flush. Should be good to -34. I'm not good for that but the coach is :))

Larry

Reply #8
I'll try the 6inch access hole bypass feat next spring

Reply #9
We were always happy that our coach had wheels and winterizing meant heading to Florida! ^.^d