Skip to main content

Topic: Transmission Temperature Sender Resistance (Read 186 times) previous topic - next topic

Transmission Temperature Sender Resistance
My coach has the originally outfitted Stewart Warner gauge set. Transmission temp(150-350 gauge range) is reading excessively high, when compared with an IR gun it is reading 80-100dgs high. Normal flat land driving is registering 240dgs...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Transmission Temperature Sender Resistance
Reply #1
My coach has the originally outfitted Stewart Warner gauge set. Transmission temp(150-350 gauge range) is reading excessively high, when compared with an IR gun it is reading 80-100dgs high....

Reply #2
I found what I believe to be the closest Stewart Warner sender(280EE-F) available. It is a 140-320dg sender, my SW gauge is 150-350dg. $20 shipped from ebay so it's worth a shot.

Reply #3
Installed the new SW 280EE-F sender and that fixed it. I tested the resistance of the new unit and compared it to the old, about 73dg yesterday, new sender was 8200ohms, old sender was 2300ohms...with the resistance decreasing as they warm up...

Reply #4
Good job, thanks for leaving all the info and part numbers, it will help people in the future.

I wish others would post resolves.

I have read  long posts, with no resolve.

CW