Skip to main content

Topic: brake inspection 94 grand villa (Read 228 times) previous topic - next topic

brake inspection 94 grand villa
i have a 94 grandvilla with air brakes can i inspect the brakes with out removing the wheels and drums thanks keith

Re: brake inspection 94 grand villa
Reply #1
You should be able to see the thickness of the lining on drum brakes from the rear. Disc you have to remove a wheel to visually see. The discs have a pin that if you search the info on will give you distance from the caliper on how much pad is worn.

Reply #2
thank you

Reply #3
Keith,

Please tell us what coach you have.

That will determine what kind of air brakes you have-- drum or disk.

Reply #4
unihome , iam learning i just purchased this coach does that help wolfe 10 thank you

Reply #5
36 foot

• kb0zke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I believe you have disc brakes on all four corners. At least, we do on our 1993.

I think Brett was asking which model you have. In 1994 I think all were Unihomes, but they came in four versions: U225 (22,500 pounds gross weight), U240 (24,000...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #7
U225/U240 OR U280/U300.  VERY different brakes.

Reply #8
u225  gvw is 22,500 does this tell you what type brakes thanks all for your help

Reply #9
Keith,

The U225 has WEDGE drum air brakes.  Very popular in Europe and on some medium duty trucks in the U.S. when your coach was built.  You can inspect brake lining depth without removing anything (from inside/behind the brakes).  But, to...

Reply #10
thank you sir for each axle what cap, stands should i have to be safe are the drums were they slid over the hub no seals involved to inspect also, with the air brakes i would think afte being on level ground i would have the brake released not on...

Reply #11
Keith,

Been years since I pulled the brake drums on your style brakes, but as I recall, no seals are involved in removing wheels/drums.

Anything that supports the axles is fine for safety-- same kind of stands are medium duty trucks.  The jacks...

Reply #12
brett ,thank you very much for your help i bought this coach 2 weeks ago it has a cummings 120,000 milesnew tires runs great and so far iam loveing it i like to stay on top of things ,to save money and prevent issues and foremost saftey so thank...

Reply #13
Foretravel U225 and U240 both have the air wedge brakes as well as torsilastic suspension.

Reply #14
Grease the little wedges and adjust the shoes up pretty tight. If you can slide the drum back on, you are good.
   Please dont try to lift the coach with the suicide jacks. They will fold over the dump back onto the ground . Be very careful.
    I...

Reply #15
If your air system operating pressure is sub 125, you might increase the pressure with the adjusting screw.  Loosen lock nut, turn screw 1 turn on the D2 governor, or buy a new one. The...