Skip to main content

Topic: Air bags (Read 829 times) previous topic - next topic

Air bags
Hi,

I know this topic is well covered.  I need to replace my airbags.  Blew one in NM.  The previous owner had a spare.  Like an idiot, I threw the old one away before getting the part number.

My coach is a 1996 U295.  Do I have the Firestone...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Air bags
Reply #1
My coach is a 1996 U295.  Do I have the Firestone W01-358-9448. 

Doug,

I don't know what brand you have but that is the correct number for your coach. Shop around as there are some real good...

Reply #2
There are lots of companies that make the same sized bag that will fit. The Conti AS9448 is usually the best deal and made by Continental Tire and Rubber (German) Here is a page with most all the companies and parts numbers: AS9448 by CONTITECH -...

Reply #3
You can probably stick a tubeless tire plug into the small hole. The bad bag is usually in the rear with the hole in the back bag facing the tire.

Good to carry a tubless kit with you.

Pierce

Reply #4
Thanks for the confirmation on the number.  I show the Conti as out of stock.  I found Blacktech in stock for $94 with free shipping.

Reply #5
Never heard of Blacktech

Reply #6
Blacktech is part of a German firm with the actual bags made in Bursa, Turkey but opening factories in China also.

Pierce

Air bags purchase and HELP required
Reply #7
Just a note to everyone considering buying Contitech air bags from Find it Parts.
I ordered and paid in full for 8 bags to be shipped to Canada. Upon delivery it was discovered there were only 7 in the
shipment.
After contacting the company and...

Reply #8
Probably only had 7 bags in stock and didn't want to bother sending a single bag. Easier to refund. Contitech makes dozens of different bags and doubt they no longer will make the AS9448. Blacktech make them for the same price. I don't see a...

Reply #9
Do you know the Blacktech cross reference for that bag?

Reply #11
I just ordered 8 from bigrigcomponents.com

$94.99 each.  Free shipping.

You save approximately $5 each over their Amazon or eBay price by going direct to the company.

Warranty: 2 years 250,000 miles

Phone of bigrigcomponents is: 817-453-1900 or...

Reply #12
I ordered 5 and got 3, plan to call Findit today and see if the other 2 are on the way..

Reply #13
Sounds like Finditparts is in trouble

Reply #14
Sounds like Finditparts is in trouble
My other 2 showed up today, so, I'll all square with them. Just need for stock to be available again to get the last 3 bought.

Reply #15
"Just a note to everyone considering buying Contitech air bags from Find it Parts.
I ordered and paid in full for 8 bags to be shipped to Canada. Upon delivery it was discovered there were only 7 in the
shipment.
After contacting the company and...

Reply #16
I had ordered 8 of the Contitech's 4 months ago.  I got all mine in short order.  Hard to believe that Contitech would stop making them as they seem to sell out as soon as they are back in stock.

As far as ride height, I did not have to adjust...

Reply #17
Correct, the ride height valve absolutely controls ride height.

The air bag is just "there" and is "told what to do" by the ride height valve.  Old or new air bag should make zero difference-- unless, for example, you accidentally bumped the rod...

Reply #18
Just FYI the AS9448s are back in stock at FinditParts price is 92.50 each.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Take10 discount code still works
Scott

Reply #20
Just completed the air bag change out on my coach yesterday. I found that I didn't need to fully remove the fender covers but just the screws that allowed the lower portion to be pulled out. I only really needed that access for the rear axle...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Find it parts Black Friday 15% off use BFRIDAY Code