Skip to main content
Topic: More slide problems (Read 478 times) previous topic - next topic

More slide problems

Stuck again with a slide that I can't retract. This time because the bladder won't void. To be fair, I had a hard time getting it out so maybe it didn't void then either.

Any ideas while I wait for the return call from HWH which based on experience will never happen?  Or do I just stick a knife in the damn thing to get me home then fire sale this for a non-slide version?
Dan & Lauren - Pine Ridge, FL
2000 U320 42 CAI
Build #5766

Re: More slide problems

Reply #1
Read my post, flashing yellow lights, slide not retracting from 3 weeks ago.

The logic for retracting or expanding is identical, I learned that the vacuum switches have to be activated and that does only happen when the Aux air compressor pressure is sufficiently high.

Regards

Klaus
The world is not interested in the storms you encountered, but whether or not you brought in the ship.
Raul Armesto

2003 U 320 4020 Unit 6145

Reply #2
It's a miracle!  HWH called back. Decided it's probably a bad 3 way solenoid not pulling a vacuum which is apparently pretty unusual. In any event, was able to get it closed and locked. Something to deal with when I'm back home...just frustrating as hell when you can't trust your coach.
Dan & Lauren - Pine Ridge, FL
2000 U320 42 CAI
Build #5766

Reply #3

The slide systems in 99-01 are quite different from later years.  Your slide should never squeal at all going in or out.  The yellow light is on a timer and does not mean the baldder has retracted, you must look from inside at the upper corners for light.  You should have 1/4" or so of clearance.

You can actually take off the air line to the bladder and suck on it hard to deflate the bladder.  Not easy but it works.  A small 12v vacuum pump will do the same.

Vacuum Pump - 12V - ROB-10398 - SparkFun Electronics

Vacuum Pump - 12V: Industrial Products: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Amazon.com: 904-214 Electric Vacuum Pump Fits for Ford E-350 E-450 F-250...