Skip to main content
Topic: Air tank pressure sensors (Read 495 times) previous topic - next topic

Air tank pressure sensors

Does anyone happen to know the part number to the forward air tank pressure transmitter? Was getting ready to make a quick test run and the forward tank never indicates pressure.. verified was pressurized. My front connector is long enough to install on the rear transmitter and verify gauge is working normally. I'll order two and keep the other working one for a spare.
Thanks Scott
Scott and Kim Davidson
If you're going to be dumb, you got to be tough.
DEGOIWKY
Don't ever get old, it will kill you
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834

Re: Air tank pressure sensors

Reply #1
Saw one post saying it is a Stewart-Warner 2 wire sending unit. But no part number
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-82894?seid=srese1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqdP9BRDVARIsAGSZ8Ak9Can5cFlIyggM2yV6sZVO-a8kTTjxYSiJZMDw7sSG8xUBEBwO5ZsaArf8EALw_wcB
Looks similar but prefer number
Scott
Scott and Kim Davidson
DEGOIWKY
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834

Reply #2
A quick search of the Forum archives did not turn up any part number for the transducers.  This might be a case where you will need assistance from the factory.  Try calling (or emailing) the FOT parts desk and see if they can give you a part number?
1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #3
Scott, your coach has an electronic gray box from which the transducers get a source voltage and return a voltage based on resistance in the transducer and the pressure.  Somewhere in the gray box this is converted into an electrical signal used by the dash gauge.  The gray box fails sooner or later and the gauges don't work.

You can replace the gauges with mechanical gauges and an air line to each tank.  Two benefits, the gauges actually light up enough so that  you can see them and you get to see tank pressure all the time, even with ign off.  Both of mine failed as well as the volt meter.  I see voltage on VMSpc and several other places. That gauge is gone too and I have an air pressure gauge for the HWH tank, it always shows the pressure and you can read it at night when the lights are on.

Reply #4
it always shows the pressure and you can read it at night when the lights are on.
I agree but since it still works I would like to retain with a new transmitter/sender but the part number is unreadable on both of mine. I've been searching the forum for p/n but only found the one Stewart and Warner info show above. Don't want to reinvent the whole low pressure warning system "yet"
I'd did find that someone posted the parts manual for a 1999 270 https://www.foreforums.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=564
Wish I could find one for our coach, I'd have the answer, one day maybe.
Scott
Scott and Kim Davidson
DEGOIWKY
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834

Reply #5
STEWART WARNER Sdr, Press, 150 psi, 82894 Or M-82894

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-82894?seid=srese1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqdP9BRDVARIsAGSZ8Ak9Can5cFlIyggM2yV6sZVO-a8kTTjxYSiJZMDw7sSG8xUBEBwO5ZsaArf8EALw_wcB

Just got a PM verifying that this is the correct part. Will order two today.
Scott
Scott and Kim Davidson
DEGOIWKY
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834

Reply #6
So suspected failed diaphragm in sender because on bench when pressurized then unpressurized would leak air out. Opened sender and verified bad diaphragm. Will replace both and keep old good one for a spare.
Scott
Scott and Kim Davidson
DEGOIWKY
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834

Reply #7
Received both senders in under 24 hour. Summit is outstanding. Installed both and verified normal operation of both systems. Pressure indication for both gauges increased 10 psi to 120psi. Both gauges move smoothly to max pressure without jumping as bad as before. I'm good till the converter box failed then I'll change it out then. Thanks for all the help with numbers everyone.
Scott
Scott and Kim Davidson
DEGOIWKY
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834