Skip to main content
Topic: Re: New fuel lines (Read 297 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: New fuel lines

Re: New fuel lines

1.Would putting a spring shield or slipping pex pipe over fuel line in the effected area be worthy of the kink issue. Pex is reluctant to kink. No rust like a spring.
2. Why can't metal pipe of proper size be used for straight fuel run?
3. Could an inspection port be placed inside coach above fuel fitting point? Think like marine water tight inspection/access hatch flush mounted
4. What model number filter / primer pumps are being considered?
5. I have mightie mite vacuum pump. That should prime fuel lines as its used to test fuel pressure. Its manual.
6. What model # electric pump works well moving diesel fuel?

Tex,
1. On a 270 (or a coach without an Aqua Hot) you  have the small fuel tank so you may have enough room to get your hands in there to be able to properly place the shield. Or even cover it all the way through the raceway to the back.  On a 320 with the 200 G fuel tank there ain't enough room for what is in there now as it has extra Aqua Hot hoses that your coach don't have. The raceway should have been made about 2" wider and it would be a great help now in the changing of fuel hoses and other maint. items.
2. It could if it had been installed during construction. Not saying it couldn't be done now without cutting off the front clip or removing all the basement floor and bulkheads I would like to see how.
3.  Yes John H for sure has done this and I think a couple of others.
4. The Racor 790R with the electric pump or the  DAVCO Fuel Pro 382
5. should
6. A cheep one from won-fu-chung tool store.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."