Skip to main content

Topic: Winter storage and crack in windshield (Read 322 times) previous topic - next topic

Winter storage and crack in windshield
The good news is that the coach is safe in our hangar and ready to be worked on with upgrades I want to do (airbags, roof solar, safe-T-plus )  
The bad news is that there is a long crack in the right front windshield, I assume repair will not be...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• Keith and Joyce
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Winter storage and crack in windshield
Reply #1
Klaus,

Just get quotes from local glass shops.  They will come to you to install.  The coach should not be moved after install for 24 hours for everything to set up. I would inspect the gasket very closely to make sure it's still usable.  It...

Reply #2
Crack originated at impact area

Regards

Klaus

Reply #3
Klaus,

Just get quotes from local glass shops.  They will come to you to install.  The coach should not be moved after install for 24 hours for everything to set up. I would inspect the...

• cdm
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #4
I suggest you check with the insurance company that has the policy on your coach. That policy might cover your damaged windshield. My policy has covered  2 cracked windshields.

• kb0zke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Klaus, you may or may not be successful in finding someone to work on your windshield. On our way north to Wyoming from New Mexico the Colorado roads knocked our windshields out of the gasket. We didn't lose either one, but I got a nice shower...

Reply #6
Just had mine replaced. I called my RV dealer for a recommendation. You need one that's experienced with these monsters. My insurance paid 100 % under comp. $1800 for passenger side

Reply #7
I got a chip on my glass and Safelite came out for the repair. Tech said they replace the entire windshield also.
Check with your insurance as stated previously.

Reply #8
I looked up my insurance policy and to my surprise my windshield deductible is 0 dollars.

Clean living rewarded.

Regards

Klaus

Reply #9
When FT replaced my windshield in September they cautioned me not to drive it for 24 hours.