Skip to main content

Topic: TST tire monitors remote 12volt source (Read 181 times) previous topic - next topic

TST tire monitors remote 12volt source
Added these and need to wire the remote near the rear wheels. I need a switched 12volt source for it. Any ideas on a 1996 U295 Cummins? Near the rear wheels and under the coach or in the engine compartment will work
Thanks

Re: TST tire monitors remote 12volt source
Reply #1
Why not in the storage cabinet above the bed? 12volts available and nice and dry.

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2
Dan, I installed mine in the slide out bay storage area.  There are a couple of 12 volt sources there.  They are not switched, so I just installed my own simple inline on/off switch.  I turn it on whenever we are taking a trip and just leave it...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #3
Yes, I may install  in the cabinet above the bed or the storage area. Good ideas

Reply #4
If you have the remote start from the engine compartment, there is a convenient 12 volt source that is hot only when the key is on. I mounted the repeater next to the hydraulic reservoir.
Don

Reply #5
I do have the remote start. Great idea. I'll mount it tomorrow like you did

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Hope this is not to far of subject. I installed the TST and it worked well without the repeater. I did install Repeater and all in all have been very happy with my TST. Easy to program and change. I put the rear tires initially in position 2 then...

Reply #7
Don & Tys I installed just like yours. Works great! Thanks for the tip

Reply #8
As usual, I am suffering from "Engine Compartment Envy"  Looks great Don