Skip to main content
Topic: Dash air controls on 1999 U320 (Read 500 times) previous topic - next topic

Dash air controls on 1999 U320

So my u320 has dash air issues. No surprise I'm sure not new either. A year and a half ago when I was at fot they couldn't replace the temperature selection switch but they soldered some wires together and it worked for a little while. It no longer works. Rance at Xtreme also told me that my vacuum pump was rusted out and needed to be replaced as well. I thought I had bookmarked the controls on eBay when I saw a post on it but I don't see it now and I can't find the post that gave the specifics but I remember it was either a Ford or general motors part. Does anybody have the information to replace the dash air controls? Most of them still work but a couple of them don't feel right and the temperature selector definitely is not working. Also I understand that the Dorman 904-214 should work as a vacuum pump... Anybody have any info on this? I run the generator and it roof air is when I drive but it would still be nice to be able to operate the temperature control and switch between vents and defrost up front. thanks
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
1500 Watts Solar 600 amp Victron lithium
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Re: Dash air control replacement

Reply #1
If you do a search for "vacuum generator" you will get lots of info. I replaced mine. You should replace the vacuum canister at the same time.  You will have to cap the existing air line if you switch from air to electric. I was able to use the existing 12v wire to power the new pump.

Rich
Rich and Peggy Bowman
2002 U270 3610 WTFS, build #5939--"Freedom"
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4xe
SMI AirForceOne brake system
PakCanoe 15

Dash air controls on 1999 U320

Reply #2

A year and a half ago when I was at fot they couldn't replace the temperature selection switch but they soldered some wires together and it worked for a little while. It no longer works. Rance at Xtreme also told me that my vacuum pump was rusted out and needed to be replaced as well. I thought I had bookmarked the controls on eBay when I saw a post on it but I don't see it now and I can't find the post that gave the specifics but I remember it was either a Ford or general motors part. Does anybody have the information to replace the dash air controls? Most of them still work but a couple of them don't feel right and the temperature selector definitely is not working. Also I understand that the Dorman 904-214 should work as a vacuum pump... Anybody have any info on this? I run the generator and it roof air is when I drive but it would still be nice to be able to operate the temperature control and switch between vents and defrost up front. thanks
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Re: Dash air controls on 1999 U320

Reply #3
[merged 2 identical topics - please do not start multiple discussions for the same thing]
Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Lifetime Escapees' member SKP 82766
Former 1999 30IB Lazy Daze (2000-2004)
Former 2003 U320 (2004-2016)
Former 2017 LTV Unity (2017-2023)
Shopping for our next coach

Reply #4
My temperature control quit working and the problem turned out to be one of the connections in the plug that connects to the
control motor. To get at the controller is very difficult, that's why I changed my headlights at this time. Now I can get at the controller.
The temperature control only controls the heat. I traced the wires and it has nothing to do with the air conditioning.
Peter and Frieda Morin
1999 36ft. U320 Foretravel
Build # 5436
1998 Suzuki Sidekick Sport

Reply #5
[merged 2 identical topics - please do not start multiple discussions for the same thing]
thanks Michelle I couldn't find the original post so I wasn't sure if I had done it or not period it was still showing up as a draft. Anyway thanks for fixing it.
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #6
My temperature control quit working and the problem turned out to be one of the connections in the plug that connects to the
control motor. To get at the controller is very difficult, that's why I changed my headlights at this time. Now I can get at the controller.
The temperature control only controls the heat. I traced the wires and it has nothing to do with the air conditioning.
Are you sure about that? Because when it was working it did control the air conditioner temp period or else how would you change from warm air to cold air...
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired