Skip to main content
Topic: Windshield wipers non responsive  (Read 425 times) previous topic - next topic

Windshield wipers non responsive

Ok gang... I need your technical assistance again.  Sorry...  My windshield wipers were only working a few swipes and stopping after cooling down they would reset to the middle I called fortravel And they claim I needed a new motor as the old one was either wearing out or overheating thus causing it to only work for a short period and stop.

I ordered replacement motors (I didn't know you only needed one and I am surprised they let me order two as they should have known this but I will get ahold of them and that's another story anyways.)

I removed with great difficulty the old moor and installed the new one they sent.  Started the coach and wipers reset to the middle... but now I can't get them to come on at all...  what am I missing. 

I know they get power as they reset to the middle but beyond that I got nothing.  I can push the button and get spray... flash lights etc but that's it. 

I find on foreforums where others hane replaced the motor but not this issue.

Thanks for help. 

98 u270
1998 u270

Re: Windshield wipers non responsive

Reply #1
Maybe it is a switch problem.
Peter and Frieda Morin
1999 36ft. U320 Foretravel
Build # 5436
1998 Suzuki Sidekick Sport

Reply #2
Could the deceased spider in picture #4 possibly have been the completion of a crucial circuit?? >:D  :))
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #3
I called the smartwheel tech support last year and they were very helpful with troubleshooting.

Rich
Rich and Peggy Bowman
2002 U270 3610 WTFS, build #5939--"Freedom"
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4xe
SMI AirForceOne brake system
PakCanoe 15

Reply #4
Ok well I can thank those in Canada for making the part... and those in Mexico for assembly...

So... in the future if you attempt this and get a part without the wire diagram... just assume that all wires are the same color and start plugging . 

I had them paired up color coordinated but alas it was wrong.  After a few tries of guess the wires it works.  Thanks guys for your help again.  It was becoming frustrating but all is well now.
1998 u270