Skip to main content

Topic: Engine, Generator and Aquahot Fuel Line Replacement (Read 336 times) previous topic - next topic

Engine, Generator and Aquahot Fuel Line Replacement
Starting on the fuel line replacement project.  Have not had any engine starting issues, but had to run a temp line for the generator this summer.  The ends over the fittings are cracked and at 23 years, it is time.

Been reading about BigDog's...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.
  • Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 02:59:53 pm by DayDreamer

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Engine, Generator and Aquahot Fuel Line Replacement
Reply #1
Screws can be a pain. Seems brute force snaps them off. I use a cordless impactor and actually prefer a weak battery to tap them out. Kroil helps. Sometimes tapping them tighter a little helps before removing. Striking the head with a hammer...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Mine had fiberglass covers over the tank and the truss for the slide prevents removing cover on drivers side. I pushed tank back in. I recall someone saying yours comes out the left side. I went to great lengths to reinstall covers and reseal to...

Reply #3
I used a very long straight steel brake line from a auto parts store to feed the generator line from one side to the other. With a side generator, it's easy to see through the bulkhead hole to a light on the tank side. I just pushed the end of...

Reply #4
I used a very long straight steel brake line from a auto parts store to feed the generator line from one side to the other. With a side generator, it's easy to see through the...

• Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 03:46:21 pm by DayDreamer

Reply #5
Mine had fiberglass covers over the tank and the truss for the slide prevents removing cover on drivers side. I pushed tank back in. I recall someone saying yours comes out the left side. I went...

Reply #6
Tank is out, cleaned up and waiting on new hoses....well not completely out, but enough to access all of the hoses.

The hose connected to connection marked vent in the attached picture is routed and terminates just in front of the front bulk...

Reply #7
They changed the configuration between '97 and '99

https://www.foreforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=26797.0;attach=36832

Reply #8
They changed the configuration between '97 and '99

https://www.foreforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=26797.0;attach=36832
Looks like on the 99 they have separate fittings for the...