Skip to main content

Topic: Here's your sign (Read 632 times) previous topic - next topic

Here's your sign
When comedian Bill Engval sees somebody do something stupid he rewards them with a sign telling them so. Got mine.

Had the coach 3 years and have always had difficulty filling it with oil. Neck too short and a terrible angle. At last oil change I...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Here's your sign
Reply #1
But, since there is no real owner's manual that comes with our coaches, it's left for discovery. Ignorance in action was 31 years ago.

Pierce

Reply #2
Nice of him to show you while it could still make a difference though!
Even nicer of you to share it with us other clue challenged new users too. ^.^d

Reply #3
 On my U280 the clue I had was the previous owner hung a appropriate size nut driver from a cord on the pipe to deal with the hose clamp.

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
In your defense the pull out spout isn't something that jumps out at a guy.. My first was on some diesel truck years back so everyone has their first.. That doesn't make anyone slow by any means just haven't seen it before. Sure makes adding oil...

Reply #5
In your defense the pull out spout isn't something that jumps out at a guy.. My first was on some diesel truck years back

Like cabover freightliners with Detroit engines...daily chore.

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I used to just dump a gallon in the old V12 every 3K. And keep on buzzin

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
That reminded me the first pull out spout I had was on a cab over truck.. It's certainly been a lot of years and a lot of different equipment.The spout was under a flap door by the radiator. Forgot some things along the way. Been a lot of years...

Reply #8
That reminded me the first pull out spout I had was on a cab over truck.. It's certainly been a lot of years and a lot of different equipment.The spout was under a flap door by the radiator. Forgot...

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Spot on Doug

Reply #10
And some older Newells with 6 and 8V92 DD's had a separate oil tank with a metered pump to add oil.  Just dial in a quart or 2 and pump it in!  I like my Cummins that doesn't burn or drip any oil.

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
I've had a number of young men look at trucks on my yard and ask which truck and engine I like best.. Cats Cummins and Detroit's. My answer has always been the same..Which ever one didn't cost me over 20k in repairs the past year is the one I...

Reply #12
And some older Newells with 6 and 8V92 DD's had a separate oil tank with a metered pump to add oil.  Just dial in a quart or 2 and pump it in!  I like my Cummins that doesn't burn or drip any...

Reply #13
The factory specs on my 3206 engine that was in my loaders allowed 1 gal. per 8 hrs running time before needing rebuild.