Skip to main content
Topic: Lift Pump Arrived- Question (Project Completed) (Read 528 times) previous topic - next topic

Lift Pump Arrived- Question (Project Completed)

Hello again.

I just received my replacement lift pump.

Question-  When I remove each of the fuel lines, how much fuel should I expect to deal with pouring out of each of the old lift pump connections?

I may have an issue at the storage site if it is a significant amount.  I am preparing to place something under the area to catch a minimal amount.

Thanks for any advice.

-FT

350 ISC
2001 U270- 34'
with Aqua-hot
Travel Safely
Have Fun!!

Re: Lift Pump Arrived- Question

Reply #1
Hello again.

I just received my replacement lift pump.

Question-  When I remove each of the fuel lines, how much fuel should I expect to deal with pouring out of each of the old lift pump connections?

I may have an issue at the storage site if it is a significant amount.  I am preparing to place something under the area to catch a minimal amount.

Thanks for any advice.

-FT

350 ISC
I think I got between a quart and a half gallon of fuel when I disconnected the lines to replace them, but also suspect it will depend on if you coach is parked level or at an angle towards or away from the tank.  Mine is slightly downhill to the tank, so I think most drained back to the tank.

I catch what I can into a container and put back into the tank, but like using dollar store dishpans filled with an inch or so of cat litter to place under possible leak/drip areas.....litter soaks up the liquid and keeps the pan from blowing around if it is windy.

I also put down old cardboard to catch minor spills and to make it easier on my knees.
40ft 1997 U320

Reply #2
Thank you very much for your response.

-FT
2001 U270- 34'
with Aqua-hot
Travel Safely
Have Fun!!

Reply #3
Good news for me. 

I have successfully installed the new lift pump.  I moved the key to the accessory position a few times to prime the pump and make sure that I did not have any initial leaks.  The engine fired right up- no problems.

One thing I would like to share is that the electrical connector which served the old pump would not disconnect.  I had to break the old pump's electrical connector off the bottom.  After I did this I looked on the internet and found on IRV2 that someone else had the same problem and solved it the same way. (Get a bigger hammer).  The connector was probably functional but I changed it out so I would not have to pull the pump again if the connector was failing.

The connector I used was the Deutsch DT06. 

On to the next one!!

-FT
2001 U270- 34'
with Aqua-hot
Travel Safely
Have Fun!!