Skip to main content

Topic: Drawer locks/pins? (Read 395 times) previous topic - next topic

Drawer locks/pins?
Problem: While driving, the drawers slide, bang against the doors, and push the doors open.
Has anyone installed gate latches, slide bolt, barrel bolt, bolt latch, etc. to keep the drawers from pushing the doors open? 
I see that some of you have...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Drawer locks/pins?
Reply #1
My '99 has slide latches on all the drawers. Thought it was factory. Maybe a change on the newer model.

Reply #2
My '99 has slide latches on all the drawers. Thought it was factory. Maybe a change on the newer model.
Any chance that you have a picture of the slide patches?  (Probably added as a result of...

Reply #3
This is what came on mine.

Reply #4
Sometimes the slide latches will vibrate loose and push the door open. A toothpick in between the latch and the slide will remedy that.... At least that's the way country folks fix it.

Reply #5
I removed the finger release catches and added southco latch on the drawers, some have two.
Stacking cans
I also replaced the slides with self closing slides that latch, Not a strong latch but some.

There are 3, 5 and 10 lb southco latches. 

• Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:18:19 am by Roger & Susan in Home2

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
My 99 also has latches on the drawers also thought they were OEM

Reply #7
This is what came on mine.
That is a huge help! I believe they are 3" brass surface bolts. I found them at Menard's (National Hardware N197-970 V1922 Flush Bolt in Solid Brass). They also have...

Reply #8
Mine go beyond the plate, no chisel needed just drill the hole.

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Craneman the ones on my coach are exactly like yours so probably OEM. Mine have never come loose.

Reply #10
Mine have never come loose but, if I forget to latch one we hear it hit the door on the first left turn.