Skip to main content

Topic: Air Intake Water Deflector 89 GV 3208 Cat  (Read 338 times) previous topic - next topic

Air Intake Water Deflector 89 GV 3208 Cat
Is there an air filter water deflector available for my coach? It is a side intake rear radiator 3208T Cat. Thanks to all in advance!!!

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Air Intake Water Deflector 89 GV 3208 Cat
Reply #1
Donaldson Precleaner
Donaldson  Precleaner removes 80% of water in inlet air system
They make them for vertical and horizontal installations.
Scott

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #2
Thanks, Scott. Really appreciate it....

Reply #3
Some years ago I posted a picture/article about a filter assembly that I built for my 91 GV 3208T with side radiator and air intake like yours.   I still have the same filter element that I replaced new at that time and it is doing well.  The...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Hydraulic fan motor with small leak
All I could find, don't need, just curious to see what you did.
Scott

Reply #5
The stock air box seems to do a good job . The intake is high, up to the top of the grate and the filter can has a swirlly thing and water duck bill on the bottom .  I have never had issues.

Reply #6
I have never had an issue, but my side radiator tends to blow hot air into the engine and filter compartment. Your Rear radiator may be sucking air and heavily laden mists into your air filter compartment due to the velocities created by your...

Reply #7
With the filter located low behind the duals, it gets a lot of road wash and plugs up easily.  I doubt that the cooling fan affects that much since it is not running much, if any, when driving in the rain.  The thermostats keep it cool by...

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
We have a nylon fan on the engine side of our rear radiator and two large fans on the bumper side. Our air filter intake duct is right up against the louvered door on the driver's side.
Yet we have had zero problems with water in the filter.
Is it...

Reply #9
I think in retrospect that on our coach, with the big intake shroud up high and being very close to the louvered door, water would have a very hard time getting in. Also, the way the filter is designed and with the water drain in the bottom of...