Skip to main content

Topic: Wire Protruding from Closet Slide (Read 324 times) previous topic - next topic

Wire Protruding from Closet Slide
On a walk-around prior to travel ~ a week ago I noticed an errant wire protruding from the top of my closet slide (see pictures).  I haven't put the slide out since discovering the protruding wire.  I think the wire is for the closet lights, but...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Wire Protruding from Closet Slide
Reply #1
My "armchair mechanic" suggestion:

Open the slide, get up there on a ladder and figure out where the wire is supposed to be secured, and stick it back in place.

I don't see any other way to address the problem.  But, of course, I'm not there...

Reply #2
If you can reach the top inside, I'd deflate the bladder, pull the wire back inside and secure it before trying to extend the slide.  You may have to take off some trim pieces.  We do not have a closet slide so don't know how the are configured.

Reply #3
Thanks for the suggestions.  Eric at MOT said I could deflate the closet slide seal by turning the slide key ON.  Then try to push the wires from the outside in past the seal.  Then inflate the seal by turning the key OFF.  If need be I can...

Reply #4
The wires on top of the slideout are held in place above the slideout opening with nylon cable clamps.  When they were installed at FT during the build a screw gun was used, often times driving the screw head almost through the clamp, weakening...

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5

Reply #6
You'll need assorted sizes as some wire bundles are bigger.
  • Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 01:49:15 am by Travelin' Man

Reply #7
Looking back at the photos, I see a slide awning. Also see what appears to be "moe hair" that the wire conduit is protruding through. I am not sure, but does the slide have a wiper seal as well? Since plastic conduit got pushed beyond slide, is...