Skip to main content

Topic: '91 U280 Brake Treadle Part Number? (Read 144 times) previous topic - next topic

'91 U280 Brake Treadle Part Number?
Finally back working on the coach after over a year, and I am still chasing air leaks.  The current culprit seems to be the brake treadle valve.  The manual shows both the Bendix E-6 and E-10.  Which one is actually in this thing?  I would rather...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: '91 U280 Brake Treadle Part Number?
Reply #1
I did a search on "brake treadle valve" for the entire forum and there were two full pages of discussions for results. Have you looked at those first?

Reply #2
The current culprit seems to be the brake treadle valve.  The manual shows both the Bendix E-6 and E-10.  Which one is actually in this thing?
Mike,

I can't recall reading any report by a member...

Reply #3
There are a lot of references in the forum  to the "brake treadle valve" but none specify the model or part number.  I guess I am going to have to stop being lazy and pull it off and look at it.  I am sure it is probably an E10.  Since rebuild...

Reply #4
Can you just look at the exposed parts of the valve above and below the floor, and compare to the photos in the tech sheets?

Might be able to pin down the correct valve by visual reference.

BENDIX E-10 DUAL BRAKE VALVES MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib

Reply #5
Well I got under and looked and it does seem to be an E10, however replacing or rebuilding it would not have resolved the problem.  The valve isn't leaking.  The actual air leak is one of the low pressure switches Bendix LP3 228750 60 psi.  I...