Skip to main content

Topic: Broken wiper shaft. (Read 456 times) previous topic - next topic

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Broken wiper shaft.
The shaft that goes through the front of the coach broke off the arm under the
dash. I can feel both ends but I don't know how to remove the arm from the arm
from the motor. Any one know an easy way to get in there. Luckily it's the passengers

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Broken wiper shaft.
Reply #1
I'm sorry you have gotten no responses.  I guess the short answer is there is no easy way to get to the shaft.  You'll have to remove the dash, which has several layers, and probably cut a hole in the plywood base to get access. 

Reply #2
I just saw this post and yes, in order to gain access, you have to remove the dash top.  Take off the half circle part that goes over your instrument panel and remove it out of your way.  Next is the grab handle at the door to help in entrance...

Reply #3
I have taken ours apart 6 times now.
Why so many times?

Reply #4
Why so many times?

The wipers with the new motor still was not working properly and that was adjusted at least 4 times, not counting the take apart on the road when we first lost our...

Reply #5
I had to replace wiper posts once, and I found that the circuit breaker panel can be removed without disconnecting the wiring and swung out of the way.  It was only fastened with about 4 screws.  Best to disconnect shore power and batteries.  I...

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Got the wiper fixed this morning. I was lucky the hole was already cut to get at the wiper motor. Pulled the wiper drive arms out,
both wiper drive arms are all hooked together so it took a bit of maneuvering to get it out. Drilled the old weld...

Reply #7
old guy what did you make the shaft out of? inquiring  minds!!!
Chris

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
I rewelded the original shaft back in. I can't believe that it didn't fall apart sooner as the shaft has been loose for over a year.
The right wiper has been gong too far to the right and didn't run very smooth. Now it works the way it is supposed to.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Good looking repair. I couldn't imagine not having the ability to weld.
Scott

• oldguy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Took off last night and the wiper work perfectly for about ten minutes and then the left one started going too far in both directions.
That is what broke the shaft out of the plate. I guess I will have to get back in to see what it is.