Skip to main content

Topic: Heat Pump Replacement (Read 268 times) previous topic - next topic

• Mark D
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Heat Pump Replacement
Hello all, I know this topic has been beat to death but hear me out.  My front ac is extremely loud.  Lots of vibration and rattling of the metal baffles.  And it shakes the whole coach.  Middle one isn't exactly quiet but it is very tolerable...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• dsd
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Heat Pump Replacement
Reply #1
I can't give any info on new units, but I had mud Dobber  nests in my squirrel cage and it was really out of balance and shook a lot. Removing covers and cleaning made a huge difference.
Scott

• Mark D
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
I can't give any info on new units, but I had mud Dobber  nests in my squirrel cage and it was really out of balance and shook a lot. Removing covers and cleaning made a huge difference.
Scott

I've...

Reply #3
my complaint is compressor noise.

Mark,

It could be as simple as the compressor mounting isolators need to be replaced.  If these units are OEM then the isolators are sure shot letting the bottom...

• Mark D
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Mark,

It could be as simple as the compressor mounting isolators need to be replaced.  If these units are OEM then the isolators are sure shot letting the bottom of the compressor hit the...

Reply #5
Also look at the rubber grommets for the fan motor mountings.  These also wear out and cause vibrations and noise.  I replaced the ones on my front ac recently and it helped with the vibrations and noise.

• Mark D
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Also look at the rubber grommets for the fan motor mountings.  These also wear out and cause vibrations and noise.  I replaced the ones on my front ac recently and it helped with the...

Reply #7

How do you service those isolators without bending the copper pipe?  Can the copper pipe handle that amount of bending without breaking even at its advanced age?

Also does anyone have a part...

• Mark D
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
That's essentially what I did with pieces of heater hose except I slit them and shoved them under.  You could simply slit the cushioning washers in there so you don't have to lift it any higher than the clearance you need to push them in.  I...