Skip to main content

Topic: Sharp Microwave repl (Read 503 times) previous topic - next topic

Sharp Microwave repl
Have 2000 U320. Have need to replace existing Sharp unit, any ideas to remove the old and replace. Thanks

Re: Sharp Microwave repl
Reply #1

Reply #2
I pulled my R-1850A out only to find that many of the newer convection ovens available at Home Depot have their top-mounted vent further towards the back wall and it therefor did not line up with the exhaust hole in the overhead cabinet. I...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #3
Don, here is our microwave change out with photos:

Foretravel Motorhome Replacing R-1830B Microwave with R1875-T | All Things...

Microwave: Replacing R-1830B Microwave with R1875-T

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
The Sharp Model R-1881LSY is a direct fit replacement.  You can even use your existing mounting plate if you choose.  Just look closely in the top venting strips as there are a couple of hidden screws going into the cabinet above.  It is a...

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
A side view.

Reply #6
The Sharp Model R-1881LSY is a direct fit replacement.
Mark, do you remember what model you had in their previously? My R-1850A is pictured in the attached image but the units I've been looking...

Reply #7
I currently have my OEM Sharp R-1851A installed and a new Sharp R-1874 sitting in it's box in the coach.  Unfortunately, it is 16 degrees and snowing here.  I expect I will be able to get things inside the coach warmed up early next week and...

Reply #8
My R-1850A is pictured in the attached image but the units I've been looking at seem to have their top vents located where I've indicated with red.

When Steve replaced our Sharp with an...

Reply #9
Agree.  We have an Advantium in the house but I didn't want to take on that install in the coach.

Rich

• Lance Camper
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Your floor plan in a 2000 (no slides) usually puts the door of the microwave close to the wall. You need a microwave with a door offset slightly away from the wall. The original Sharp 1850 is offset. Many other brands have the door right at the...

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Elliott, I can't remember what model I had in before. I have to think it was the same as yours.  The model I put in was a perfect match for both the venting and the existing mounting plate.  As stated earlier, it also has the offset door.

It was...

Reply #12
Elliott, I can't remember what model I had in before. I have to think it was the same as yours.  The model I put in was a perfect match for both the venting and the existing mounting plate.  As...

Reply #13
Mine is the same only white.

Rich

Reply #14
The Sharp zero clearance door worked fine as my replacement. It also has a front or top vent. I did install the new back plate that came with it. There was a screw going into the microwave in the upper cabinet that isn't easy to find. After I...

• CRY42
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #15
Looks like our Sharp R1850, is that a broken piece on left side, ours broke there as well.

Reply #16
Looks like our Sharp R1850, is that a broken piece on left side, ours broke there as well.
Yup, it's toast. Other parts of the plastic face are being held in by duct tape. She's on her last legs...

Reply #17
If it still works, have you looked to see if you can get replacement parts for the trim?

Reply #18
If it still works, have you looked to see if you can get replacement parts for the trim?
The boss lady has said we'll be replacing it with stainless steel and made it very clear we won't be...

Reply #19
The boss lady has said we'll be replacing it with stainless steel and made it very clear we won't be discussing otherwise

The last digit of a Sharp model number will be the finish.  White,...

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Elliot, I am pretty sure that yours is the same as my old one except mine was white. I have attached a couple of PDF's that may help. The pictures sure look to me like you should be fine.  It worked out just fine for me, the venting lined up...

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Elliott, found an old picture, I think your good.

Reply #22
Elliott, found an old picture, I think your good.
Thanks Mark, I think you've given me enough here to be willing to order it. I'm in my 4th go-around with Sharp support and thinking it'll be...

Reply #23
Elliott, we replaced ours with a Samsung convection from Lowe's it vents in the front not under cabinet. I had to drill a hole for cord on opposite side of cabinet
Chris

Reply #24
We have the exact same microwave as Chris does.  Fits with using the old attachment plate that is already on the wall for the Sharp.  You don't need an offset door, as any microwave works fine.  Now, if you have to vent to outside, that is much...