Skip to main content
Topic: Check Your Aquahot Controller (Read 359 times) previous topic - next topic

Check Your Aquahot Controller

If you have had recent service of your Aquahot and had to replace the controller, you might want to take a look under there. As detailed here, I had some major service done at Motorhomes of Texas last Summer and found an odd looking controller under the covers.  (first picture)

At Grandvention 2020, the Aquahot tech specifically called out these Spheros, "Ukrainian", controllers as not good.  They frequently fail in 6-14 months and were replaced by an in house version of the controller.

As cooler weather approached, the new controller would shut off randomly.  This seemed to be at the end of a cycle.  The burner and blower would stop at the same time and the light would go off above the switch.  Over time, this became more frequent.  Most recently, it would shut down as frequently as every two hours.

I was able to arrange with MoT for a swap for the newer controller and I made the change last week -- easy, easy change.  Over the past 2.5 years of my ownership, the Aquahot has been moody.  After the controller swap, it has never run better.

Ideally, by 2020, you would want your new controller to look like the second and third pictures -- or a rebuilt tin one (picture four).  The new controllers have three pigtails (we use two) coming out of the controller instead of the recessed sockets of the old styles.
Rick and Donna
1997 U320 4000 WTBI Build 5152 "Molesley"

Re: Check Your Aquahot Controller

Reply #1
The black box is not sold or recommended by aquahot. I can't believe mot sold you one. Rudy is a good source for parts
The selected media item is not currently available.Keith & Jo
2003 U320T 4025 PBBS Designer series
Build 6203    Cummins 500hp
2000 U320 4010 WTFE / Build 5762 —Sold—
Motorcade #18070   
Pasadena, Texas
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara-Sunset Orange pearl coat
Don't argue with a fool, people watching might not be able to tell the difference.