Skip to main content
Topic: HWH Active Air no longer on Foretravels (Read 1240 times) previous topic - next topic

HWH Active Air no longer on Foretravels

Just looked at the new brochure for the new Presidential Series FS6 (Formally IH-45) . They are showing  Valid Air Suspension w/ VDC  I Control.  I tried to see if Hwh was still doing the slides but could not find anything on that.  The new coaches have a smaller generator than mine 20KW vs 12.5 KW,  a smaller alternator, only 3 AC's vs 4
2014 ih45  (4th Foretravel owned)
 1997 36' U295 Sold in 2020, owned for 19 years
  U240 36' Sold to insurance company after melting in garage fire
    33' Foretravel on Dodge Chassis  Sold very long time ago

Re: HWH Active Air no longer on Foretravels

Reply #1
Are they going to jacks plus air like the Realm and FS450 (and Entegra and Newmar)?
Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Lifetime Escapees' member SKP 82766
Former 1999 30IB Lazy Daze (2000-2004)
Former 2003 U320 (2004-2016)
Former 2017 LTV Unity (2017-2023)
Shopping for our next coach

Reply #2
We get by just fine with two air conditioners. Of course, our coach is mostly white...

Reply #3
IH45's for Model years 2013, 2014, and 2015 all had 20KW. Others of those years Varied but common was 12.5KW. 2016 saw end of 20KW.

The new coaches have a smaller generator than mine 20KW vs 12.5 KW,  a smaller alternator, only 3 AC's vs 4
Future Foretravel Owners
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Retired USAF, Retired DOD Civ's
FAA A&P, Indust. Eng., Acft Depot Lvl. Maint.
Larry and Becky Rountree

Reply #4
Wow valid slides and they seem to have jake brakes not the retarders
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on Ford 550 nonslide version
Former Coaches  covering. 360,000 miles
1999 34 U270
2000 36 U320
2001 42' double slide U320
2018 Jeep Rubicon

Reply #5
Just found out today after my coach has been sitting at FOT for the last 2 weeks that HWH has told them that it is going to be 4-6 more weeks before they ship FOT the hydraulics lines that I am needing for my rear slide.  My coach is going to be sitting at FOT now for possible 2 months waiting on parts. 

I have an email into FOT to see if we can get some hoses made instead of waiting on HWH.  Can't see what would  be so special about their hoses.

I am going to take a guess that HWH has moved FOT to the back of the line since they are not installing Active Air on new coaches anymore.

Reply #6
Unless there is some custom weird fitting any decent line shop should be able to make the proper line equivalent or better. They have many different levels of hoses available and the most expensive is similar in price if your only building several. Higher pressure more flexible lines last longer and will still function if not being flexed. I always try to buy the best bulk lines I can find. Crazy stupid markup up also. Been using Discount Hydraulic Hose | Your Online Hydraulic Shop with good results. Have never had them do assemblies but bulk has been real good to deal with. Sorry to hear you are dealing with something so resolvable IMO. Also just because you don't speak their  language they will generally tutor you through what they need.
Scott
Scott and Kim Davidson
If you're going to be dumb, you got to be tough.
DEGOIWKY
Don't ever get old, it will kill you
June 30, 2020
2001 U320 3610 Barn find
Build 5834

Reply #7
I would have thought that there are some agricultural equipment dealers in the area and it's a dollar to a doughnut they can build any hose you could need. If you are not onsite to do it yourself I have difficulty understanding why someone can't walk the hose over and get it replicated. IMHO
88 Grand Villa 36' ORED 3208 (throwaway)Cat.
 Build # 3150
Happiness is the maximum agreement of reality and desire.

Reply #8
Just got email from Alan. Said handed problem over to James to get with parts.

Then got email saying parts told him that they could not get one made local.

I was just getting ready to find out what specs were and start seeing about getting them made when I get another email saying that it will be first of week they will have them.

Reply #9
Parker and Stewart hose can make hydraulic hoses in ft worth while you wait.

Reply #10
Just found out today after my coach has been sitting at FOT for the last 2 weeks that HWH has told them that it is going to be 4-6 more weeks before they ship FOT the hydraulics lines that I am needing for my rear slide.  My coach is going to be sitting at FOT now for possible 2 months waiting on parts. 

So was FOT just going to wait for HWH and figured that was OK with the customer?

If so, that's ridiculous.  But then I'm not surprised.  We sat in the lot for weeks waiting to get back into the shop for an air leak that FOT caused when they replaced our front airbags, and it took intervention by Brad Metzger reading FT management the riot act to get us back into the shop.
Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Lifetime Escapees' member SKP 82766
Former 1999 30IB Lazy Daze (2000-2004)
Former 2003 U320 (2004-2016)
Former 2017 LTV Unity (2017-2023)
Shopping for our next coach

Reply #11
Parker and Stewart hose can make hydraulic hoses in ft worth while you wait.
On the main drag thru Naco is a big building that has a Parker sign on it  I am going to guess they could have made the hoses

Reply #12
Hopefully just pandemic problems. If not this could indicate big problems for our coaches.
2006 Nimbus 336
Built 2005 may be one of the first coaches labeled Nimbus.
DEMCO Air-force One braking system.
Towing 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport.
Road Master Falcon 5250 tow bar.