Skip to main content
Topic: Ramco Convex Mirror (Read 362 times) previous topic - next topic

Ramco Convex Mirror

I was recently driving north into Lubbock, Texas with a very stiff tailwind.  My mileage was fantastic.  However, when I turned west and put "Lubbock in my rear view mirror", the crosswind was significant.  After one strong gust I looked and the convex mirror on the passenger side was gone.  It did not take long to realize how much I relied on that mirror. 

I stopped at several truck stops and auto parts houses but none had Ramco convex mirror replacement parts.  I suppose I will have to order from Ramco directly.  But since I still had a thousand miles to go, I bought a generic temporary replacement.  It looks terrible and in time I will replace it with the correct Ramco part if for no other reason than esthetics. 

However, the generic has a far superior field of view both vertically and horizontally. 

I only wish that my Ramco replacement would have the same (greater) curvature as the generic..

Richard
Jan & Richard Witt
1999 U-320  36ft WTFE
Build Number: 5478 Motorcade: 16599
2008 Roadtrek Adventurous RS Sprinter
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Jan: NO5U, Richard:KA5RIW
The selected media item is not currently available.

Re: Ramco Convex Mirror

Reply #1
That same issue happened to us years ago and I did a temp fix just like you to get by. We stopped at my neices home in Sudbury Mass
and while there ordered a new mirror from Ramco. It came in a couple of days and still there 6 yrs later. The just need to know make of coach and measurements of glass and I would send a picture of the whole unit along with the size of complete mirror housing.
JohnH
Coachless, now use aircraft.
1994 Ford E350 ClassC,total renovation inside and out. Now sold.
2000 U295  36' Cummins 350 c/w Banks Stinger, Resonator upgrade,Solar, LED lites.Residential fridge with slide out pantry. Build 5674. Sold
ex 92 GV 022C ored Cummins. Sold
ex 95 GV240 cat 3116. Sold
2017 Mini cooper s & 2016 land Rover LR2 HSE  LUX.
jhaygarth@aol.com    SKP #130098
treat everyone as you would like to be.