Skip to main content
Topic: Ramco Convex Mirror (Read 103 times) previous topic - next topic

Ramco Convex Mirror

I was recently driving north into Lubbock, Texas with a very stiff tailwind.  My mileage was fantastic.  However, when I turned west and put "Lubbock in my rear view mirror", the crosswind was significant.  After one strong gust I looked and the convex mirror on the passenger side was gone.  It did not take long to realize how much I relied on that mirror. 

I stopped at several truck stops and auto parts houses but none had Ramco convex mirror replacement parts.  I suppose I will have to order from Ramco directly.  But since I still had a thousand miles to go, I bought a generic temporary replacement.  It looks terrible and in time I will replace it with the correct Ramco part if for no other reason than esthetics. 

However, the generic has a far superior field of view both vertically and horizontally. 

I only wish that my Ramco replacement would have the same (greater) curvature as the generic..

Richard
Jan & Richard Witt
1999 U-320  36ft WTFE Build Number: 5478
2008 Roadtrek Adventurous RS Sprinter
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Jan: NO5U, Richard:KA5RIW
”summer bridge”

Re: Ramco Convex Mirror

Reply #1
That same issue happened to us years ago and I did a temp fix just like you to get by. We stopped at my neices home in Sudbury Mass
and while there ordered a new mirror from Ramco. It came in a couple of days and still there 6 yrs later. The just need to know make of coach and measurements of glass and I would send a picture of the whole unit along with the size of complete mirror housing.
JohnH
2000 U295  36' Cummins 350 c/w Banks Stinger, Resonator upgrade,Solar, LED lites.Residential fridge with slide out pantry. Build 5674
ex 92 GV 022C ored Cummins
ex 95 GV240 cat 3116
2017 Mini cooper s & 2016 land Rover LR2 HSE  LUX.
jhaygarth@aol.com    SKP #130098
treat everyone as you would like to be.