Skip to main content
Topic: and then there was this rock (Read 593 times) previous topic - next topic

and then there was this rock

On our last trip, we accidentally got into loop B at Joshua Tree Cottonwood campground.  When I pulled out, I ran over a rock behind a shrub.  The back tire ran up and over, and I landed on the bin door.  A few inches more, and I would have landed on the radiator and CAC.  That would have been messy.

Photos are before and after the repair.  I am very pleased with the repair that Artistic Elegance did here in Tucson.  Good fiberglass and metal work.  Wonderful paint match.  The bin latch works nicely.  No hassles with the insurance company or with them.
Matt B
1998 u-320

Re: and then there was this rock

Reply #1
So VERY glad you waited and posted after the repair had been made (and it looks great, BTW  ^.^d  )

I opened the topic with great trepidation  ;)
Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Lifetime Escapees' member SKP 82766
Former 1999 30IB Lazy Daze (2000-2004)
Former 2003 U320 (2004-2016)
Former 2017 LTV Unity (2017-2023)
Shopping for our next coach

Reply #2
So VERY glad you waited and posted after the repair had been made (and it looks great, BTW  ^.^d  )

I opened the topic with great trepidation  ;)
Thanks!

I usually don't bang into things,  and this bump made me sick.  I thought about trying to repair it myself - I have done a little fiberglass work.  But the issue was the battery tray.  It has to be just right, or the latches won't line up.

The great repair allows me to kind of get over what I did!
Matt B
1998 u-320

Reply #3
Yeah I know that feeling. Not once but thrice! It's only fiberglass. Rebuildable, paintable, fixable. Nice work.
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
1500 Watts Solar 600 amp Victron lithium
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired

Reply #4
  I am very pleased with the repair that Artistic Elegance did here in Tucson.  Good fiberglass and metal work.  Wonderful paint match.  The bin latch works nicely.  No hassles with the insurance company or with them.

Were you able to live in the coach during the repairs? 

Dan - Full timing since 2009
2003 U320 40' Tag 2 slide

Reply #5
I'm sure it made you sick and would have me.. Now you can stop beating yourself up. All is well that ends well and the repair looks good as new.
Dub McBride 1996 270

Reply #6
Were you able to live in the coach during the repairs? 

The shop is 23 miles from our sticks and bricks (actually sticks and stuck stucco), so that was not an issue.  Saving $1000 of fuel cost to get to Nacogdoches was very cool.
Matt B
1998 u-320