Skip to main content
Topic: Read the instructions? (Read 383 times) previous topic - next topic

Read the instructions?

A couple of months ago, we purchased a new tow vehicle. We finished getting it ready to tow a few days ago and wanted some decent weather to try it out. Been raining about every day for the last week. Plugged up the lights, everything worked. Decided I'd call Marilyn to come over to the shop for the maiden voyage, but she decided to pass. There's a new procedure on getting it in neutral on this one than was on the old one, but I thought I was real smart and could do it my way. One of the men on the farm came up about the time I was ready and I asked him to watch and make sure my wheels turned. Of course they didn't and he stopped me after about a foot. I tried the same procedure again....same results. Decided to read the instructions, and lo and behold, it worked just like it was supposed to. Drove into town and turned around at the rice dryer and came home. When all else fails, read the instructions......maybe I'll learn someday.
The selected media item is not currently available.
Lynn & Marilyn Sickel
Tollville, AR
1997  U320  40'
2021 Chevrolet Silverado pickup
Motorcader  17257

Re: Read the instructions?

Reply #1
You lose all the excitement that way!  lol
Joe & Dottie Allen
Sold!  December 2023.      2000 U320; build # 5645
Our coach " Maxine"
Motorcade #  15922;  Escapee 150950; FMCA F330833; Boondockers Welcome;  Harvest Hosts;  Thousand Trails
'98 U320 from 2000-'06
USAF '62-'66

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." ―Epicurus