Skip to main content
Topic: Shocks (Read 371 times) previous topic - next topic

Shocks

I just replaced my original front Bilsteins with Konis. I gotta say those top bolts are a might hard to get to! Also, no way those nuts would have come off by hand. It was all my 1/2" impact could do to get them moving. Anyhow, I noticed that the Konis are much heavier than the Bilsteins. The Bilsteins are 4.4# and the Konis, 7.6#.
jor

Re: Shocks

Reply #1
I replaced my four original Bilsteins with Konis on the front yesterday also with no issues. Yes Konis noticeably heavier,  25 yr. old Bilsteins were still in good shape but definitely work different than the Konis.
Doug W.
96 36' U270 CSGI #4946
04 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
PNW

Reply #2
25 yr. old Bilsteins were still in good shape but definitely work different than the Konis.

Same here. All of mine had about the same amount of resistance (lots) and the rubber was in good shape. It will be interesting to see if I notice a difference. If I don't, I will likely just lie and claim a more comfortable ride and unbelievable improvement in handling. Like the "I get 10 mpg guys."
jor

Reply #3
LOL Jor.
Yeah I had trouble with some of those nuts couldn't have done it without a 3/4 in breaker bar and an extension. Even the harbor freight 3/4 in impact wouldn't remove some of them. As far as I'm concerned my ride is a noticeable improvement. Like night and day almost. I'll see as I put more miles on it but I'm definitely a believer in these guys.
By the way why would somebody lie about getting less gas mileage? 10 miles per gallon should I get 12 easily.
'99 U320 40 WTFE
Build #5462,
1500 Watts Solar 600 amp Victron lithium
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi
Instagram bobfnbw
Retired